Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

ADL / Golze satellite weather system

As we can not meet at AERO this year I did a list of all the new ADL features and work continues on more new stuff:

1) New battery powered ADL170 and ADL180 devices

A long time since the ADL130 there are new battery powered ADL devices:
https://www.ing-golze.de/products_adl170.jsp
https://www.ing-golze.de/products_adl180.jsp

If you would like to trade in your current ADL device for an ADL170 or ADL180 please write me for a quote.

2) GDL90 Support for ADL110B, ADL120, ADL130 and Iridium GO

I finally found a solution to add GDL90 support to the legacy devices and the Iridium GO solution. So now all ADL devices ever manufactured can display weather data on GDL90 capable third party apps (ForeFlight, SkyDemon, SkyMap etc.)

3) ADL devices displaying weather data on IFD540/440 and EX5000 devices

The ADL150/190/200 can now display weather and in some cases traffic on the IFD540/440 and EX5000 devices.

Free EASA paperwork for such an installation is available here:
http://www.ing-golze.de/support_mc.jsp

4) AT-1 FLARM Integration

AT-1 FLARM devices can now be wired to ADL150/190/200 devices and the traffic data will be merged with the internal ADS-B sensor data and redistributed to all GDL90 capable apps.

www.ing-golze.de
EDAZ

I’ve just discovered that the Golze ADL offers tracking, with points logged every 10 minutes.

This is really good!

• free
  • works at all altitudes
  • works worldwide
  • unlike the Eurocontrol-derived tracking which e.g. the Autorouter or EuroFPL offer, it will not break when ATC changes something on your flight

I had it disabled in the app all along; will sort that out next time I fly.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

@Sebastian_G Is it technically possible to activate a tripkit through ADL? Lets say i forgot to a activate through web or text message before departing and then loosing cellular coverage.

Jonas

Last Edited by Jonas at 19 Aug 13:47
ESOW Västerås, Sweden

Jonas wrote:

Is it technically possible to activate a tripkit through ADL? Lets say i forgot to a activate through web or text message before departing and then loosing cellular coverage.

I did also think about that but so far I see no way to accomplish this. Also Iridium would not be very interested. Their business model is partially to charge for devices kept for emergency situations. So if it would be possible to activate those devices only when needed over the satellite I assume they would not make much money…

The closes thing I was able to do is the emergency SMS activation feature. So if you have at least patchy SMS coverage you could activate a satellite trip kit.

www.ing-golze.de
EDAZ

Peter wrote:

I’ve just discovered that the Golze ADL offers tracking, with points logged every 10 minutes.

Autorouter has even a special field for that in the aircraft config. Then it will end up in the 18 field of the flight plan for emergency situations over water etc.

www.ing-golze.de
EDAZ

I did not know this! That’s a nice feature

EHTE, Netherlands

Sebastian, sorry for being useless, where is that Autorouter field please?

EGTF, LFTF

I can’t find it either.

But maybe you could put it here (under Aircraft)

Since Achim’s most recent (6th) departure over 2 years ago, and Thomas’ departure shortly before that, nobody has been offering any updates or support on the Autorouter. The huge number of threads (a new one was started for each function added, in the 2014/2015 time frame) were eventually merged into two

Autorouter updates
Autorouter issues and questions

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Yes @Peter, that’s it. Here is a screenshot from my aircraft setup in autorouter. I’ve had it there for a while now. Tracking needs to be activated on the config page of the ADLConnect app.

Sebastian added a note about this onto the February/2020 ADL Iridium service invoice email:

-————————————————————————————————————
Lately one customer got lost near Greenland and ATC was able to find him
because of his ADL device. To make things easier, I suggest adding your
ADL tracking link to all oceanic and similar flight plans.
Simply add the following text to the /RMK section of the flight plan:
WEB BROWSER LIVE TRACKING WWW.XXXXXXXX.ADL.FLIGHTS
-————————————————————————————————————

He has also added the same personal URL for a given ADL device now at the end of every monthly invoice.

One can review all of one’s own flights by logging in to the customer login area on the golze web site.

Last Edited by chflyer at 19 Aug 18:04
LSZK, Switzerland

Sebastian_G wrote:

I don’t use your solution (as I have the Garmin Sat receiver in my avionics) but want to thank you anyways for such commendable behavior: Providing the paperwork for free (and not making a business model out of selling photocopies at 500EUR/page) is something every equipment manufacturer should adopt!

Germany
Sign in to add your message