Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

ADL / Golze satellite weather system

Thanks Aviathor. Its as if the Warsaw pact is still in existence.

The one week trip kit is not a bad deal. Too bad they dont break it down to 3 Euros/ day.

What is the lead time to order a trip kit? Can you wake up that morning and decide its best you get a trip kit or can you activate it in flight?

KHTO, LHTL

C210_Flyer wrote:

What is the lead time to order a trip kit?

10 minutes. You activate it online and are billed by Golze Eng at the end together with the usage.

LFPT, LFPN

Thanks for the response.

I plan on using the system like this. I go to the airport and see that there is a question about weather (convective mostly) then activate the trip kit for that day.

It remains active or useable for 1 week.

Are my assumptions correct?

KHTO, LHTL

C210_Flyer wrote:

It remains active or useable for 1 week.

Are my assumptions correct?

If you get the 1 week trip kit yes. There are other options. Go to his website. It is all explained there.

EGTK Oxford

There is nothing wrong with asking here for a clarification, Jason, not least because others learn from it too

and Sebastian gets more business so everybody is a winner

It’s not exactly obvious to me, FWIW.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

There is nothing wrong with asking here for a clarification, Jason,

Where did I say there was something wrong with it?

But there are a number of options and no need to post all of them on here. I will even post the link again.

http://www.ing-golze.de/service.jsp

EGTK Oxford

C210_Flyer wrote:

I plan on using the system like this. I go to the airport and see that there is a question about weather (convective mostly) then activate the trip kit for that day.

That is more or less what I do. What trip kit I choose depends on where I am going and for how long.

LFPT, LFPN

Ok thanks I kind of thought that but sometimes one misses the gotchas when one is mesmerized by what he wants, discarding all reason and common sense. Similar to a teenager on a first date. So its prudent to ask before hand.

KHTO, LHTL

The one week trip kit is not a bad deal. Too bad they dont break it down to 3 Euros/ day.

If it is request I might be able to offer 1 day trip kits. But it would be rather like 6 Euros. I have to pay some flat fees for each activation so I can not split it evenly.

What is the lead time to order a trip kit? Can you wake up that morning and decide its best you get a trip kit or can you activate it in flight?

Under normal conditions the lead time is about 2 minutes (my website says 10 minutes to be on the safe side) with some exceptions when it take a little longer. There is even an SMS activation service. So you can definitely activate it the morning of the flight and with the SMS service you could also try to activate it in flight but if you are already in weather trouble it might be a little late to start thinking about a trip kit ;-)

www.ing-golze.de
EDAZ

Thanks Sebastian for your work. As a user of XM Wx in the US I can certainly state that such products are huge step in the right direction for safety. I hope you are getting support from govt agencies considering its such a safety enhancement for flight.

1.Since most of my flights are once a week even on vacation 6 Euros is still a savings. If one knows they will fly 2x in a week the weekly kit would work better.

2.To be clear the lead time officially is about 10 mins to activate a trip kit correct?

3.Does the radar imagery have a time stamp on it so one knows how old the image information is?

KHTO, LHTL
Sign in to add your message