Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

ADL / Golze satellite weather system

Just confirmed it in the Installation Manual, that communication to the ADL110B, is one way only.

EGLK, United Kingdom

In that case why is the installer nervous?

You could get the data coming out on a connector, get the power coming out on a connector, and install the ADL yourself.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

In that case why is the installer nervous?

Because if it’s just a matter of plugging in a device, he fears he won’t be able to justify a 500 € invoice?

I just tried to download the weather to be briefed for the KLM airline flight from EHAM to EDDM.
When I selected manual download via 3G (or LTE/4G) I received “Downliad Error/Server Connection Error”

It happened both on my iPhone and iPad, but was the first time ever.

Last Edited by chwinter at 27 Jul 18:32
EDMA, Germany

Yep, I had that too, for the first time today, Wifi and 4G, so probably not related to my iPhone 6 (iOS 9.3.2)

Obviously some networks have problems. Up to now I had problems only last week in Italy. I’ve been using ADL for more than a year and I’ve been to at least 10 European countries during this period.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

I’ve just tried it at home and got the server error as well. Never had it before.

Spending too long online
EGTF Fairoaks, EGLL Heathrow, United Kingdom

I’m flying to Switzerland tomorrow and definitely want to make use of the ADL in the present unstable weather situation. Any solution known here?

EDMA, Germany

Does it work using the ADL box (Iridium)? Do the failures only occur on certain networks only? I may have experienced that error today using a Wi-Fi network, then I switched to phone tethering and it worked.

Last Edited by Aviathor at 27 Jul 22:04
LFPT, LFPN

It works right now, using either wifi or 4G

EDMA, Germany
Sign in to add your message