Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

ADL / Golze satellite weather system

So you see ADS-B traffic on FF?

Does the ADL weather also show up on FF? I thought it was only presented on the ADL Connect app…. not an issue though, with the ability on new iOS to swap back and forth between apps.

Last Edited by chflyer at 17 Jul 16:30
LSZK, Switzerland

I have ADL140 so no traffic, but I see the weather in FF since it receives GDL90 data on the network. Still you have to trigger the download from the ADL-app.

ESOW Västerås, Sweden
How does the ADL Wifi-mode: ”Client mode” work? Noticed it recently.

The ADL140, ADL150(B), ADL190 and ADL200 running the latest firmware 8.40 can now also operate as a client in a foreign WiFi. The details are here:
https://www.ing-golze.de/downloads/ADL140_ADL150_ADL190_ADL200_WiFi_Manual_0_90.pdf

Any chance IFD can receive GDL90 data?

Currently only over serial RS232 cable but I would still consider this as a beta and there is not yet any paperwork available for this connection.

www.ing-golze.de
EDAZ

chflyer wrote:

So you see ADS-B traffic on FF?

Yes that works (ADL190 or ADL200 only)

Does the ADL weather also show up on FF?

That also works (ADL140,150,190 or 200). Only the wind information and the color coded METAR/minima are not transmitted.

www.ing-golze.de
EDAZ

If I installed 2 × IFD540/550, what sort of features could I have with my ADL150?

I am still having difficulty working out what exactly happens.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Probably nothing over Wifi since Sebastian says GDL90 only works over RS232.

But if you want to sync/connect IFD100 or FF to IFD540 and also use ADL, then you want to be on the same network as the ADL. Before, you had to connect IFD540 to the ADL access point/network. Apparently it’s possible now to use the IFD AP/Network instead. Seems like a more stable and flexible solution. Must try it next time I fly!

Last Edited by Jonas at 17 Jul 21:46
ESOW Västerås, Sweden

Some good news: There is finally a generic minor change for the ADL150(B), ADL190 and ADL200. And the best part is there are no charges for the paperwork:
http://www.ing-golze.de/support_mc.jsp

www.ing-golze.de
EDAZ

@Sebastian_G, can you please tell me how can I connect my existing IFD540 via RS232 to your latest ADL?

Is there any document that describe the set up procedure?

LRIA, Romania

AlexTB20 wrote:

@Sebastian_G, can you please tell me how can I connect my existing IFD540 via RS232 to your latest ADL?

I would wait a bit with this one. In general you can connect the RS232 “Aviation Data” output from the IFD to the ADL140/50/190/200 RS232 input. Then you get the latest flight plan from the IFD into the ADL.
Then you can connect the RS232 output of the ADL140/150/190/200 to an RS232 input of the IFD540 and configure that as a GDL90 input. But that is still work in progress…

www.ing-golze.de
EDAZ

This just came through on email from @Sebastian_G

6) Air Avionics AT-1 Integration
You can now wire your ADL140/150(B)/190/200 with an Air Avionics AT-1
(FLARM) device and the traffic will be integrated into the ADL data
stream. It will show up in ADLConnect and other GDL90 compatible apps.
https://www.ing-golze.de/downloads/ADL190_200_User_Installation_Manual_2_00.pdf#page=7

7) IFD 4xx/5xx Integration
The ADL140/150(B)/190/200 running the latest firmware 8.53 can be wired
to the 4xx/5xx devices and will then be able to display radar
information directly on the IFD. More details:
https://www.ing-golze.de/downloads/ADL190_200_User_Installation_Manual_2_00.pdf#page=7

I can see how the first one works but the second one is really interesting. I experimented with ways of displaying data on the old KMD550 MFD and found easy ways via the NTSC video input, but I am sure this uses a different route because I don’t think the IFD boxes have an NTSC video input option.

Does it display the wx on the existing map, or do you select a different page which is standalone?

Presumably there is a problem doing this on a Garmin GTN box, in which case this is a big plus for selecting the Avidyne product.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message