Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

ADL / Golze satellite weather system

airways wrote:

Does anybody use Jeppview with the position data of the ADL ? I can’t get the “ownship on approach” to work. It says the gps accuracy is below minimum.

That happens frequently, also if you have a built-in GPS in your tablet. Jeppview reads the gps position accuracy and uses its own criteria to determine whether to display the ownship or not.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

I use SD with a Samsung tablet and the gdl connecting to ADL. The geo referencing on the AIP approach plates works excellent. Proven for RNP & ILS..LHPP, EBKT, LHSM, EDMS, ELLX, EBLG.

Last Edited by Vref at 22 May 23:38
EBST

Not sure who to ask, probably a question for @Sebastian_G: what are the messaging capabilities of the software?
Can you sent SMS texts?
AFTN messages?

Thank you!

EGTR

SMS yes, AFTN no (as far as I am aware).

Check the ADL Messaging Manual on the Golze web site.

LSZK, Switzerland

chflyer wrote:

AFTN no (as far as I am aware).

Any plans for that? Or does it require some weird license for Sebastian?

EGTR

I can’t speak for Sebastian but AFTN access is not free. You rent a mailbox, generally in the US, and KBLIHAEX (read this thread@hunnicat was never seen again after that) is a popular service. I don’t know the current cost but it’s not cheap.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

One nice addition would be current ATIS for an airport long before it can be picked up on freq.

Some airports in Switzerland make ATIS available via a tel#, but in the air that is rather hit and miss depending on mobile reception.

LSZK, Switzerland

One nice addition would be current ATIS for an airport long before it can be picked up on freq.

METAR is there, containing all weather related ATIS info.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Emir wrote:

METAR is there, containing all weather related ATIS info.

Except the ATIS letter. When getting closer, one sometimes needs to hear most of the ATIS again just to get the letter confirming its what one already has.

LSZK, Switzerland

METAR also doesn’t have the operational info (runway, runway condition) although that can be inferred. I agree the letter would be useful…

EGTF, LFTF
Sign in to add your message