Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

ADL / Golze satellite weather system

A quick Q: how many wifi clients running the ADL app can an ADL150 support concurrently, and does it make any difference if it is a mix of android and ios?

I think the answer is ONE.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

A quick Q: how many wifi clients running the ADL app can an ADL150 support concurrently, and does it make any difference if it is a mix of android and ios?

ADL110B/120/130 support one app connection at a time

ADL140/150(B)/160/170/180/190/200 support a more or less unlimited number of iOS and Android apps connected at the same time (it just gets a bit slower when more are connected)

But there is an exception. Some Android devices do not seem to support UDP broadcasts. In that case it still works but only with one client. I have a Google Pixel 4a which does this while most Android devices seem to support the broadcasts. On the moving map page a green sign < – > will appear in the top left corner of the map permanently if broadcasts are not supported.

Last Edited by Sebastian_G at 23 Apr 21:40
www.ing-golze.de
EDAZ

Can multiple ADL apps issue wx download requests concurrently?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

The problem is (and that’s why I asked about transfer delays and connection duration) when ForeFlight is connected to ADLConnect app, it can’t access Internet.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Peter wrote:

Can multiple ADL apps issue wx download requests concurrently?

The ADL device will just do one download at a time. If multiple client devices with ADLconnect app are connected they see and control this single donwload. So start on one device and get the weather on all of them with just one actual download.

Emir wrote:

The problem is (and that’s why I asked about transfer delays and connection duration) when ForeFlight is connected to ADLConnect app, it can’t access Internet.

I see like that:

For the moment you can make it work by switching to ADLConnect and then setting App GDL90 to “inactive” on the Config page:

www.ing-golze.de
EDAZ

For the moment you can make it work by switching to ADLConnect and then setting App GDL90 to “inactive” on the Config page

Alternatively ADL app can be closed.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

If anybody is interested on 23th July 2022 there will be a full day seminar starting 10h45 local on all things ADL at EDAZ / Schönhagen. Attendance is completely free of charge but please email me if you would like to attent, so we can make sure there are enough chairs etc. The room is huge so everybody should have a lot of space and I hope this is as “covid unfriendly” as it can be. We will try to record the sessions and put them online later on for those not able to attend.

www.ing-golze.de
EDAZ

Hi @Sebastian_G

did you have a chance to play with Avidyne’s 10.3.2 ? Does it play nicely with the ADL hardware ?

EBST, Belgium

Yes, it will be interesting to see how it looks over wifi with 10.3.0.2. Avidyne supported fpl xfer via cabling but not wx & tfc display from non-cert devices.

Expectation/hope is the IFD displays similar to what foreflight has for a while.

Last Edited by chflyer at 05 Sep 12:21
LSZK, Switzerland

chflyer wrote:

Avidyne supported fpl xfer via cabling but not wx & tfc display from non-cert devices.

Correction:
Avidyne previously supported fpl and wx xfer via cabling but not tfc, AFAIK. If so, that would be an additional capability using the wifi connection.

Maybe @Sebastian_G will make a new video once he gets 10.3.0.2 intalled plus a video or article comparing functionality between wired and/or wifi ADL-IFD connections.

Last Edited by chflyer at 05 Sep 17:14
LSZK, Switzerland
Sign in to add your message