Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

2 x IFD540 in a TB20

I haven’t got any pictures, and will take some next time I go flying, but the TB20 I fly has the best panel I have seen in a TB (IMHO of course ;) ). The usual all Garmin stack and then twin Aspens. All the analogue gauges have been replaced with electronic ones including fuel, along with fuel totaliser. On the RHS of the panel all the extraneous junk has been cleared out and there is an iPad mounted….It is a very nice and I guess cost effective setup.

EGHS

Larry Levin, a Trinidad TB owner is featured on Avidyne’s latest ad in AOPA Pilot magazine.
Is he the US owner/pilot mentioned at the beginning of this thread ?

Last Edited by Nestor at 24 Oct 09:04
LFLY, France

Yes – I know him

I am still planning to do this but the reports I am getting on how many IFD540s are being shipped with INOP functions are not good. I guess they need more time.

I thought that was a great advert for the TB aircraft… 13 years too late, and most American pilots had never heard of Socata.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

That sepia look on the aircraft and his fashionable gray-brown clothes make this ad really look like super modern technology.

Avidyne are surely getting their money’s worth from their PR agency… I wonder what a “Brown Jacket Award” is, not sure I want to get that one, reminds me of the “Brown Underwear Award”.

34 Posts
Sign in to add your message