Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

L3 Lynx - active TAS and ADS-B traffic warning system

cnc machine out of solid alloy a “sandwich” plate with the curve of the roof and the flat surface of the antenna ( also can be with some lightning pockets to save weight)

to get the “curve” of the roof, just make a simple “blob” of the roof in the area you want to mount – can be done out of raisin or similar and than digital this part to get the coordinates to machine the “sandwich” plate

fly2000

I am willing to bet that there are plenty aviation equipment that are “fully working” despite not having ever appeared on EuroGA :-)

There have been several 9000+ boxes installed on Mooneys (and most certainly on other types as well) – the user reports have all been along the lines of “it does what it says on the box”. The added benefit being that it scans up to 35 miles out.

Cf. for example this thread dating back to 2015

https://mooneyspace.com/topic/15728-ngt-9000-adsb-transponder-yea-or-nay/

Numerous NGT9000+’s have been installed in Cirrus aircraft, no problems have been reported.

Installed by who?

What is interesting is Europe – why, or why not? Wigglyamp has/had one of UK’s biggest installers. And the UK is possibly Europe’s 2nd biggest GA scene.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

The antenna adaptor plates are common-place on larger aircraft such as the KingAir. They are a separate piece of machined metal so don’t change the part number of the antenna. Most light aircraft don’t need an adaptor as they have large flat areas of skin on which to mount the antenna but this is less common on pressurised types.
The Lynx is definitely in service. We’ve quoted a few but not had any takers so far.

Wigglyamp would you install a TAS antenna aft the Flying V antenna on Bonanza? Below and example without teh V antenna but with TAS antenna

Last Edited by Vref at 08 Sep 10:01
EBST

No I wouldn’t install a TAS antenna aft of the V antenna if one was fitted. I’d remove the V antenna and install a new Nav antenna in the fin cap. We’ve done this previous on an F33C when installing a Garmin GTS800 TAS.
Having the V antenna in front of a TAS may cause poor signal coverage for targets directly ahead of you.

Avionics geek.
Somewhere remote in Devon, UK.

Great thx Wigglyamp , I was afraid of that, though mine is V tail and options for a NAV/GS antenna relocation are not that great. A NAV blade below the ruddervators, but this requires doubler plate installations etc…or a cat whisker antenna bottom far end and of course additionally a whip bent COM antenna on the bottom

EBST

Can the L3 NGT 9000+ be installed in a G1000 DA40 ?

Jean
EBST, Belgium

Talked with L3. Looks like the NGT 9000R+ might do it.
I check with my avionics shop.

Jean
EBST, Belgium

Jean, yep that’s the remote version with TAS

EBST
Sign in to add your message