Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

No upgrade path for 1st-gen G1000 ?

Beech products have the same problem. No upgrade path as of yet.

Besides attracting attention of DA40/42 owners, the thread at DAN attracted the attention of Diamond’s management and I got promises they would deliver solution by the end of this year. Let’s wait and see what will happen. This is the opportunity for new management to show different approach to their customers than it used to be in the past under Mr. Dries.

Last Edited by Emir at 08 Nov 21:13
LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Mooney had upgrades but they were viciously expensive.

Frankly, it I was shopping for a plane, I would run far and fast if it had an old G1000 (or actually rather any G1000) or it would have to reflect the upgrade cost in price. 50k is about the figure I hear, which is ridiculous and imho abusive. It is simply another clear sign that with the G1000 you are badly over the barrel.

LSZH, Switzerland

Yes; much better to go for e.g. a G500 and some GTNs. But that is expensive if the plane has a G1000 currently – it’s a lot of work.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

But that is expensive if the plane has a G1000 currently – it’s a lot of work

There is still a lot of planes out there which have conventional cockpits. So when buying, you take your decision and make your choice. I know how mine would be, had I got to do it again.

LSZH, Switzerland
15 Posts
Sign in to add your message