Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

ELA1 / ELA2 maintenance (merged)

achimha wrote:

BTW: EASA are very unhappy about “registration shopping”, i.e. trying to benefit from regulatory arbitrage by choosing your tail number in a different state. They think this just shows that the system is still broken and they want to make sure the reasons for this disappear. I think that’s a good attitude.

+ 1 !

FAA A&P/IA
LFPN

Alan_South wrote:

The document linked to this thread is the first in what will be a number of steps to deliver on their GA roadmap and we should be celebrating

CHAMPAGNE !

FAA A&P/IA
LFPN

How would these new rules affect a flying club with a Cessna 152 This now being an ELA1 aircraft.

Southend, United Kingdom

Has anyone discovered a layman’s (i.e. non lawyer and LSA1 aircraft owner) guide to the new Part M- light legislation.

For instance can I now disregard the 6-year CS prop overhaul requirement (my aircraft is UK registered and private use only) ?

I thought I was reasonably bright and fluent in English until I tried to read the new EASA legislation on this. It is complete and utter gobblydegook.

I suggest we should demand that EASA legislation is vetted by the plain engish society, if that organisation hasn’t been outlawed by the EU and still exists.

The guidance material in the NPA from p42 is not a bad “layman’s guide”:

GM ML.A.201(a) Responsibilities
AMC ML.A.302 Aircraft maintenance programme

bookworm wrote:

The guidance material in the NPA from p42 is not a bad “layman’s guide”:

Do you have a link?

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

UK CAA have issued this..

Southend, United Kingdom

ELA2 (between 1200 and 2000kg) is going to be really interesting.

Does anyone know what the changes might be in practice?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

Does anyone know what the changes might be in practice?

As a matter of fact: YES, and it looks good to me:

ELA2 and Part-ML

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

Summary from the last IAOPA online newsletter

So it sounds like under 1200kg you can do everything by a freelance EASA66 guy.

They need to extend this to 5700kg and then N-reg will have a lot less advantages

My understanding is that these changes have however made the 2000kg figure even more cast in concrete.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message