Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

ELA1 / ELA2 maintenance (merged)

Steve6443 wrote:

If you PM me your email address, I will send you a copy of our approved Aircraft Maintenance Programme for our F registered Cirrus Sr20, you could use that for the basis of your maintenance program plus the email address of the person within OSAC we dealt with…..

Thanks for the offer, but I eventually got set up with the former owner continuing as CAMO and the actual labour will be done in Ireland. However the IAA require that Part 145 shops be signed off on every model they are to work on. My annual is due in a month and they haven’t got the OK yet!

EIMH, Ireland

Peter wrote:

How much should a Subpart G charge, and do they need to do any due diligence whatsoever (i.e. see the aircraft)?

My renewal will cost €400 incl. tax and the aircraft needs to be physically seen by the CAMO. The two extensions are €150 each and can be done remotely.

EIMH, Ireland

Can anyone shed any light on the following? My F-reg ELA2 aircraft is currently in annual (Mx in Ireland, CAMO in France) and the ARC is about to expire. It has been extended once, and can be extended again before if needs to renewed (ie physically seen by the CAMO). Can it still be extended if it expires in maintenance? It hasn’t left the ‘controlled environment’.

EIMH, Ireland

zuutroy wrote:

Can anyone shed any light on the following? My F-reg ELA2 aircraft is currently in annual (Mx in Ireland, CAMO in France) and the ARC is about to expire. It has been extended once, and can be extended again before if needs to renewed (ie physically seen by the CAMO). Can it still be extended if it expires in maintenance? It hasn’t left the ‘controlled environment’.

Good question. For what it’s worth: We recently had an engine overhauled and the ARC expired while the engine was in the shop. The CAMO said he couldn’t extend the ARC until the engine was back on the aircraft. Of course an annual is something different as you don’t “disassemble” the aircraft.

Last Edited by Airborne_Again at 28 May 09:36
ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Yea I got the same response when I asked him could he extend it in advance of expiry (I think there’s a 30 day period where this is allowed), so it would be seamless getting it back to base, but he said that he can’t until he has the release to service from my mx man.
Best case scenario now is he completes the work, sends the report to France, and I get the extension which still likely means another week on the ground

EIMH, Ireland

Apparently (according to the 791 page Easy Access Rules document!):

It is also acceptable to perform the extension of an airworthiness review certificate after its expiration
date, as long as all the conditions for the extension are met. However, this means the following:

-The aircraft could not fly since the airworthiness review certificate expired until it is extended,
and
-The new expiration date (after extension) is set one year after the previous expiration date (not
one year after the extension is performed).

EIMH, Ireland

@zuutroy, that’s correct, but instead of extending an ARC, the CAMO can issue a brand new one, which will be valid for a year from the date of issue. Happened to me twice. No downsides except the associated additional fee by the CAA (£75 in the UK).

LKBU (near Prague), Czech Republic

The CAMO is a 6hr round trip from me so probably not worth it! I might look into getting the Part 145 shop doing the work to issue a new ARC. Anyone know what France charges by way of fees? Haven’t found anything online.

EIMH, Ireland

Some developments here.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Does anyone have a completed maintenance program in the EASA format like the attached file? I’m moving from CAMO to managing things myself and the OSAC people asked me to complete this form and submit it, as I can’t self declare it until the end of March. I’m having trouble figuring out exactly what to fill in the various fields. If you had an example for a Mooney that would be particularly useful!AMP Template

Last Edited by zuutroy at 28 Nov 15:29
EIMH, Ireland
Sign in to add your message