Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Additional Cockpit Power Supply

Yes, I believe that it was Douglas Bader who was quoted as saying: "Regulations are for the obedience of fools, and the guidance of wise men". There's a lot more truth to this than the humour at the surface would suggest.

When I read and understand the myriad of design standards and regulations, I see a lot of wisdom, and hard lessons learned buried in there. There's not one I have ever read, with which I wholly disagree. However, it's how they are interpreted and applied in the "practical world" which is very subjective. I frequently find myself applying one interpretation, based upon my experience with certain types of aircraft, where another person (okay, the government regulator) has another interpretation.

Sometimes, I learn something from the experience presented by the other person, sometimes they don't seem too....

Home runway, in central Ontario, Canada, Canada

Thanks to all who contributed. I found a very simple device that fits the "cigar lighter" socket and allows 2 connections. Each item I use draws very little amperage so well within the rated limits, cost was £4.00 and no paperwork needed, job done! Many thanks

UK, United Kingdom

I have purchased about 5 different cigarette lighter to twin USB adapters until I found one that can both handle 24V and actually deliver the 2.1A needed for iPad 3/4. Unfortunately it was not one of the flush mount adapters but a larger one that met all criteria.

I am planning to install USB sockets into my dashboard and connect them behind the dashboard to the cigarette lighter. My mechanic doesn't object ("doesn't care" is more accurate).

13 Posts
Sign in to add your message