Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Refurbishing airplane in Lithuania - pirep

Beechflyer, may I ask the name of the interior shop in Lithuania? If they are that good , they deserve the publicity!

ORTAC

Beachflyer - would you recommend the shop in Lithuania for fixing up a P210N after a gear up landing?

Anyone else have recommendations for facilities that would offer reasonable pricing at accepted quality?

Thanks!

I have received some inquiries about the paint and the interior job. And….

The paint job was not good and can not be recommended. I am arranging for parts of the airplane to be re-painted.

The interior job was good and can be recommended.
-
Christian, I would be careful as to checking out that they have the needed papers and permissions to sign off such a job. I would also ask for several international (non-Lithuanian) references, and if they can’t give it to you, I would stay away.

I would also be very careful about the contract as well as not paying one dime in advance.

I saw the Travel Air for sale as a “project” on planecheck…very sorry for your troubles…but I assume you intended to sell anyway?

Last Edited by boscomantico at 04 Dec 22:20
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Yes, but it looks like it will stay with me. I am not willing to reduce price any more and if it is not sold by 31.12 the maintenance shop (German shop) will start to work on it.

I had plans for a new (used) airplane, but sometimes you just have to go with what is laid out for your.

I found it with google. A very sad outcome! You will need a ferry permit to fly it to the buyer, presumably.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I wonder what happened to this plane. Is it still with you Beechflyer? And what die it take to get it sorted?

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

No sign of Beechflyer posts for about 3 years, but of course he could be back as somebody else. He was from Norway, as you can see from his profile, and we have many here from Norway.

My reading between the lines is that the seats were done in a non fire certificated material and the paint came off. That is enough to render a plane light this almost scrap value.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

That is enough to render a plane light this almost scrap value.

Depends. Proper re-sprays can be had for 20K€ and seat covers for less than 5K€ .

FAA A&P/IA
LFPN

Including stripping the botched paint job? As I understand it, the poorly adhering paint needs to be more thoroughly removed than a properl coat, requiring much mor labour.

Biggin Hill
Sign in to add your message