Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Garmin Pilot (merged)

That is what I shall now do. I thought I had bought Jepp enroute charts, but they don’t exist.

EGKB Biggin Hill

Timothy wrote:

The 120 currency units was for enroute charts, (…)

Which is the IFR areas charts from each AIP (which is why they look different) georeferenced.

RocketRoute bundles with (some of?) their subscriptions the Eurocontrol IFR enroute charts, which at least look the same across Europe. Anybody has any comment on their quality vs the Jeppesen ones, and maybe vs the AIP ones? It seems Garmin Pilot doesn’t offer them, nor bundled nor for money.

ELLX

Sir_Percy wrote:

You could use the IFR theme in pilot

Absolutely. Doesn’t that fit for you, Timothy?

France

I made some comments above regarding poor battery life with Garmin Pilot. Now that I’m using the external GPS, it hardly draws anything at all…

EGTF, LFTF

Resurrecting this old thread, but next time before I start playing with both GP and FF I would like to ask just a couple of questions about GP:

• How is GP for VFR flying in the UK and Central Europe? I see NATS and DFS charts are available, but unfortunately for Italy they seem to sell only ENAV charts which are appaling, to say the least.
  • Has it improved for IFR? Do they finally have Jeppesen enroute charts? Jeppesen still make them.

I personally like the integration with Garmin avionics.

Germany

GP works for me VFR. I use the Open Street Map as base and integrate it with my Jepp subscriptions. Both GP and FF have a 30 day trial so take advantage of it and see for yourself.

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

Peter_Mundy wrote:

and integrate it with my Jepp subscriptions

What do you mean? Jepp VFR subscriptions in GP?

France

No, not included, I use a spare key from JeppView

Perhaps the “VFR Europe” terminal charts? I would think any tablet product which can display the Jepp IFR terminal charts can display these also.

This Jepp stuff is much nicer than the AIP plates, whose sole selling point is that they are “free”.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

VFR

IFR

Sign in to add your message