Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Garmin Pilot (merged)

Ok, I got it. That is what is displayed when activating SETTINGS → Jeppesen→ Charts→ Display FliteCharts and Jepp Charts

France

I activate it by touching the waypoint to call up “the wheel” then airport, procedures… . at this point I can choose between charts from my Jeppesen subs or from FliteCharts as shown here

Last Edited by Peter_Mundy at 16 Jun 09:16
EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

A small thing which had been annoying is now fixed: we get the AIP IFR pages in Europe (from the Airport page, there’s a button at the top next to SafeTaxi and Map). Particularly useful in the UK where all we were getting were the charts, now we also have the opening hours / ppr / etc.

EGTF, LFTF

Update: the above problem with AIPs was solved a few months ago. Today 9.7 was released with some very good features for European VFR flying: FIS frequencies, circuits and joining routes. Thanks Garmin for listening! Pretty massive database job to get all that in.

EGTF, LFTF

denopa wrote:

Pretty massive database job to get all that in.

Garmin says 9.7 will not work correctly without new database download. Make sure you have a good and unmetered Internet connection for its first start!

Also, one can now manually enter or edit an IFR route. One doesn’t have to accept exactly what their autorouter licence spits out :)

Last Edited by lionel at 22 Jul 19:33
ELLX

It still remains a joke to sell these things as great upgrades, after several years on the market, where they all simply are a must for a good and complete flight planning/moving map program… Same for ForeFlight.

But for those stuck with GP for interfacing reasons it will sure be some improvement.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 22 Jul 19:35
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Hello all pilots mates
I am starting IFR Rating now and as typical student, printing IFR charts my ATO is granting me to, but they also grant me using any app on my tablet, as soon as I’m fluent with. I have been testing GP in vfr last year during trial period, and it’s not really at the level of SD or SDVFR for France use, only VFR. But now in simulations world, I am using navigraph and it really ease approach situational awareness and would be pleased to used such tool (GP or FF, but limited to GP as I’m android equipped.
I just wanted some feedback before to spend 300 bucks in the year subscription.
Another solution would be to learn traditional with paper, until I get my rating, and start using it privately after, to prevent disturbing IFR learning curve…

LFMD, France

Do Garmin do an android version of GP? Much previous discussion; they abandoned it in 2016.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I use Garmin Pilot on one aircraft, because it has Flightstream, but I far prefer the combination of SkyDemon and JeppFD that I use everywhere else.

Navigraph is excellent, but you do have to print out or upload as PDF every possible diversion, including enroute diversions, and that is more hassle than I consider worth, but is OK if either you don’t fly IFR much or always fly the same route.

EGKB Biggin Hill

Peter wrote:

Do Garmin do an android version of GP? Much previous discussion; they abandoned it in 2016.

It’s not abandoned, but it’s quite useless for VFR as less capable of less expensive softwares. For IFR I wouldn’t say, but obviously it’s targetting users of flitestream.
It seems now more mature software as it provide almost same functionalities as FF.
https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/p/597108/pn/010-000GP-AD#overview
For Europe, it’s 300$ subscription for premium account + charts.

LFMD, France
Sign in to add your message