Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Garmin GNS/GTN database costs and coverage discussion (merged)

Emir, thanks for checking.

At first I felt silly for not understanding but know it more looks like it is a case of Jeppesen not knowing.

And, I have of course (!?) not received any email from the Jeppesen support person that I talked to the other day.

ESTL

Hi,

Feeling encouraged that the Cental Europe navdata is what I want went to Jeppdirect to make my purchase.

The dual subscription would be 351.25 €

Then there is the 19% German VAT of 70.54 €

But on top of that Jeppesen would like to add "Tax full rate on shipping 19%" of 31.15 €

But there is no shipping. The items are to be downloaded.

And btw. before this I also tested to add a G2 Skybound adapter for about 48 € thinking that I would get free shipping since the total order value was larget than 50 €. The shipping charges turned out to be 40 €... So the G2 was removed.

Maybe I should just stop caring and pay up?

ESTL

I got auto-reply from Garmin confirming they'd received my question, so let's wait to get the answer :)

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

I have a skybound adapter that I can sell to a member here if needed at cost.

EGTK Oxford

I use a standard universal USB SD adapter for the GTN . I think I paid £5 from ASDA (Walmart).

The SD card slot in my laptop also works.

Gloucester UK (EGBJ)

JasonC - I am interested in your Skybound G2 adapter. Shall we ask Peter to connect us up mailwise?

SteveN - the planned updates are for Garmin GNS430 GPSes. They have special data cards that can only be programmed with the Skybound adapter.

ESTL

ah! I apologise for my pointless post.

Gloucester UK (EGBJ)

I got the list from Garmin and, as indicated in reply from Jeppesen, the coverage is based on coordinates rather than covering whole countries, so some countries at the edge are only partially included.

Here's the list I got:

ALBANIA, ALGERIA, AUSTRIA, AZERBIJAN, BAHRAIN, BELGIUM, BELARUS, BOSNIA-HRZ, BULGARIA, CANARY ISLANDS, CROATIA, CYPRUS, CZECH, DENMARK, EGYPT, ESTONIA, FINLAND, FRANCE, GAZA, GEORGIA, GERMANY, GIBRALTAR, GREECE, GREENLAND, HUNGARY, ICELAND, IRAN, IRAQ, IRELAND, ISRAEL, ITALY, JORDAN, KUWAIT, LATVIA, LEBANON, LIBYA, LITHUANIA, LUXEMBOURG, MACEDONIA, MALTA, MELILLA, MOLDOVIA, MONACO, MORROCO, NETHERLNDS, NORWAY, OMAN, POLAND, PORTUGAL, QATAR, ROMANIA, RUSSIA, SAUDI ARABIA, SLOVENIA, SLOVAKIA, SPAIN, SWEDEN, SWITZRLAND, SYRIA, TUNISIA, TURKEY, UNITED KINGDOM, UKRAINE, UNITED ARAB EMIRATES, YEMEN, YUGOSLAVIA (probably they meant SERBIA and MONTE NEGRO).

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Hi Anders - sure. It is just sitting on my shelf.

EGTK Oxford

Emir, thank's a lot for checking.

JasonC, you've got mail.

I did email Jeppesen about the weird additional VAT and the shipping charges that should have been waived. But instead of answering that question, I got an answer back for a question that I did not ask. They told me that if I supplied my VAT number they could remove the VAT. :-)

But when I asked over the phone they told me that the itemization just looks weird but that the total amount at the end actually is correct. I ran an excel sheet on the side, which does confirm that the numbers do add up. I have heard before that Jeppesen is a mess and I can truly belive that now.

ESTL
Sign in to add your message