Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Garmin GNS/GTN database costs and coverage discussion (merged)

Just to add, I’ve been told that membership in the US AOPA does NOT qualify for a discount with Jeppesen EU and that Jeppesen US will not issue an invoice to an EU business. I guess I might be looking for an EU-based AOPA to join next year.

tmo
EPKP - Kraków, Poland

I understand for charts they still might be; this is about nav data only and may be unique to the Garmin GNS 400 WAAS series.
Fun fact: the same coverage (Central Europe) costs 342 EUR which now is ~$400, but Jepp want to sell it for $450. Go figure. Probably VAT or some such.

tmo
EPKP - Kraków, Poland

That’s very interesting. For decades, Jepp was selling the “behind the Iron Curtain” coverage separately.

Multiple threads merged.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I realize this drifted into a discussion about the AOPA discount (thanks for reminding me!) but as far as nav data coverage for the 400 series WAAS boxes goes, “Central Europe” as confirmed by Jeppesen is pretty much all of Europe and then some.

tmo
EPKP - Kraków, Poland

I wrote Jeppesen <FRA-Services jeppesen.com> about this and got a confirmation that the infographic is bogus crap and that Central Europe for GNS400 series WAAS covers all of Europe and then some:

> Include all Europe plus the following ICAO codes from Africa: DA ALGERIA – DT TUNISIA – GC CANARY ISLANDS – GE MELILLA – GM MORROCO – HE EGYPT – HL LIBYA
>
> and the following ICAO codes from Eastern Europe: EE ESTONIA – EP POLAND – EV LATVIA – EY LITHUANIA – LB BULGARIA – LH HUNGARY – LK CZECH – LR ROMANIA – LU MOLDOVIA – LZ SLOVOKIA – UB AZERBIJAN – UG ARMENIA/GEORGIA – UK UKRAINE – UL RUSSIA – UM BELORUSSIA/RUSSIA – UR KAZAKHSTAN/RUSSIA – UU RUSSIA – UW RUSSIA
>
> and the following ICAO codes from Middle East: LC CYPRUS/TURKEY (NORTHERN CYPRUS) – LL ISRAEL/JERUSALEM – LT TURKEY – LV GAZA – OB BAHRAIN – OE SAUDI ARABIA – OI IRAN – OJ JORDAN – OK KUWAIT – OL LEBANON – OM UNITED ARAB EMIRATES – OO OMAN – OR IRAQ – OS SYRIA – OT QATAR – OY YEMEN ARAB REP
>
> The International coverage is only required if you need more African countries and/or more Asian countries.

tmo
EPKP - Kraków, Poland

Yes, PilotPak is all databases for all Garmin avionics on one plane. If one takes an option with charts, then it is charts on the MFD (all MFDs on the plane, so e.g. if the plane has on/two Garmin G500 and one/two Garmin GTN 7×0 then it is all the two/three/four units) on and four mobile apps or computers programs.

Avidyne also have their PilotPak-like offer (with a different name), then valid on all Avidyne avionics on the plane. However, one cannot mix Avidyne and Garmin avionics in one pack…

Last Edited by lionel at 30 Mar 16:31
ELLX

I see that Garmin changed their prices…
And they did a big raise on G430 non WAAS …

Fantastic…

ESMS, ESML, Sweden

Navdata for WAAS GNS Central Europe is 410€

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

I’m also looking into this…

I got a Invoice from owner of an aircraft I’m looking at. (2021-2022)

He has Aspen 1000, Garmin GTN 650 and Garmin GNS430.

Navdata Coverage Garmin GTN 600 Series. GTN 700 Series – Central Europe
Price: 393EUR

Navdata Coverage Garmin GNS 400 Series. GNS 500 Series – Central Europe
Price: 112EUR

Navdata Coverage Aspen Avionics EFD, International
Price: 314EUR

These prices are Ex VAT and missing some discount (written by hand on invoice)

What Do I get for my money here?
Is it missing something?

ESMS, ESML, Sweden

Hello
Can you confirm, when choosing « G1000 PilotPak Four Installs » that you get charts on the MFD as well as four keys ?
This is rather new to me. I thought the only way to get charts on the avionics was to go with « JEPPVIEW MFD ».
PilotPak allows significant saving as well as more databases available.

87 Posts
Sign in to add your message