Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Source for GA battery

I have done a search and I think most on these pages favour Concorde. Does anyone have a firm recommendation of where to buy in UK (or elsewhere if appropriate) please? I need an RG35AXC.
Thanks

UK, United Kingdom

see here at GBP 292 (inc VAT) not too bad …. http://www.transair.co.uk/sp+Concorde-RG-Series-VRSLAB-Aircraft-Batteries-Concorde-Battery-RG-35AXC-12V-33AH+1928
it’s 298 USD in the States plus freight & tax

Last Edited by nobbi at 28 Feb 17:42
EDxx, Germany

Thank you for the link Nobbi, BTW the picture is wrong in the advert but the spec is correct. Looks like it is Transair for my money!

UK, United Kingdom

Saywell or Adams are popular with the maintenance business.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I think Saywell are cheapest for Concorde. £192 plus vat for this batt I think…

Buying, Selling, Flying
EISG, Ireland

Thanks WilliamF. I had not heard of Saywell but I have just bought from them and considering the reception I received at this time on a Monday I give them 10/10 for courtesy, help and efficiency.

UK, United Kingdom

Do they (Saywell) sell to private persons?

EDxx, Germany

I definitely am the “great unwashed” and they sell to me

Aircraft Spruce is popular because they have a nice website and catalogue but they can be pricey and usually you don’t get the paperwork required by the more picky maintenance companies.

Administrator

Peter wrote:

Aircraft Spruce is popular because they have a nice website and catalogue but they can be pricey and usually you don’t get the paperwork required by the more picky maintenance companies.

For the record, I believe you are reffering to Sandelving Aviation Supply in Germany, aka Aircraft Spruce Europe.

IMHO, they are a shame to the reputation of Aircraft Spruce, US., over-priced and understocked.

My vote goes to Airpart Supply Ltd, UK.

FAA A&P/IA
LFPN

I believe you are reffering to Sandelving Aviation Supply in Germany, aka Aircraft Spruce Europe.

Well, AS USA is cheaper but not so much after you paid the import VAT and shipping.

Also, IME, AS USA equally don’t supply an 8130-3 in most cases. They make you tick a box confirming you are aware of their policy on this.

It doesn’t bother N-reg owners (well unless they have an anally retarded A&P ) because for most smaller parts an A&P has the authority to declare a part as airworthy upon being satisfied of its origin, etc, but EASA-reg people have a more complicated situation.

Maybe below 1200kg (ELA1) it is different? Some years ago I wrote this article which documented what most people didn’t know back then.

I picked up this old thread to continue this.

The other company I use for bits is LAS but they tend to not stock the less common items.

Administrator
15 Posts
Sign in to add your message