Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Source for GA battery

@UdoR
I ordered my last Concorde battery roughly one year ago from AirTeam in CZ. Was one of the best offers at that time and service has been good so far with several orders from oil to avionics.

Are you looking for this one?

https://www.airteam.eu/p/concorde-rg-35axc

Last Edited by slowflyer at 19 Apr 14:41
EDAQ, Germany

If you mean literally in the EU then UK is out, but some UK sources did have good pricing. Saywell and Adams for example.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Any hint for a cost sensitive battery supplier in the EU? My favourite parts supplier that normally has good prices offers the Concorde RG35 series for north of 800 Euros (including shipping), but that sounds quite pricey to me. Aircraft Spruce Europe is about the same price.

Germany

Just wanted to pop a data point in here for Saywell. I just got an RG-35AXC for £280 which is a good £80 cheaper than I could find elsewhere online. They’re €475 on Aircraft Spruce EU!

EIMH, Ireland

LAS are good for very small quantity’s and Adams are good on price but you may have to wait a bit.

All round Airpart Suply are probably the best for most items.

Last Edited by A_and_C at 04 Mar 23:43

I believe you are reffering to Sandelving Aviation Supply in Germany, aka Aircraft Spruce Europe.

Well, AS USA is cheaper but not so much after you paid the import VAT and shipping.

Also, IME, AS USA equally don’t supply an 8130-3 in most cases. They make you tick a box confirming you are aware of their policy on this.

It doesn’t bother N-reg owners (well unless they have an anally retarded A&P ) because for most smaller parts an A&P has the authority to declare a part as airworthy upon being satisfied of its origin, etc, but EASA-reg people have a more complicated situation.

Maybe below 1200kg (ELA1) it is different? Some years ago I wrote this article which documented what most people didn’t know back then.

I picked up this old thread to continue this.

The other company I use for bits is LAS but they tend to not stock the less common items.

Administrator

Peter wrote:

Aircraft Spruce is popular because they have a nice website and catalogue but they can be pricey and usually you don’t get the paperwork required by the more picky maintenance companies.

For the record, I believe you are reffering to Sandelving Aviation Supply in Germany, aka Aircraft Spruce Europe.

IMHO, they are a shame to the reputation of Aircraft Spruce, US., over-priced and understocked.

My vote goes to Airpart Supply Ltd, UK.

FAA A&P/IA
LFPN

I definitely am the “great unwashed” and they sell to me

Aircraft Spruce is popular because they have a nice website and catalogue but they can be pricey and usually you don’t get the paperwork required by the more picky maintenance companies.

Administrator

Do they (Saywell) sell to private persons?

EDxx, Germany

Thanks WilliamF. I had not heard of Saywell but I have just bought from them and considering the reception I received at this time on a Monday I give them 10/10 for courtesy, help and efficiency.

UK, United Kingdom
15 Posts
Sign in to add your message