Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Ameri-King is facing some difficulties with FAA

10 Posts

Seems that Ameri-King lost their TSO on everything.
See here.

And the FAA is checking if their past products have been manufactured according to their TSO.

Belgium

Ouch. I wouldn’t want to be on the board of directors!

Fly safely
Various UK. Operate throughout Europe and Middle East, United Kingdom

Their ELTs have had a pretty dreadful reputation. I bought one recently that barely lasted a year.

I see that their web-site is suspended. I won’t miss them is they don’t survive this episode.

KHWD- Hayward California; EGTN Enstone Oxfordshire, United States

Well, any QA system is as good as those who operate it. This has happened many times. This is why e.g. ISO9000 is such a scam in many cases.

Local copy placed here

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Dave_Phillips wrote:

Ouch. I wouldn’t want to be on the board of directors!

Hah ! There’s no Board – this is a very small family run business. The owner is actually a Vietnamese immigrant that barely speaks English.

They run a shoddy shop, not surprised the FAA put the binders on them.

FAA A&P/IA
LFPN

Legendary shitty company with useless products and a borderline criminal owner. Good riddance. FAA did the right thing for once.

LA Times article

This makes me think of te old adage: Were there’s smoke, there’s fire !

FAA A&P/IA
LFPN

I fitted the power step up ( 12 to 28 VDC) from America-King and had years of faultless service from it, as another guy I know has had with a panel lighting control unit.

The problems seem to have started with the ELT units that seem to be about as reliable as a second hand lawnmower……. The last thing you need from an ELT !

It makes you wonder what these people have been thinking, it can’t be easy to get an FAA manufacturing approval and to throw it away for a few shoddy parts is just stupid.

There is no love lost with them. In one of the very few cases, I am cheering for the FAA. Ameri-King made junk and had absolutely zero product support. Hopefully good riddance.

KUZA, United States

Really interesting to have found this then

But Narco were doing the same. Well, they went bust… surprised there is no AD on their altitude encoders. It looks like that isn’t the procedure done in these cases.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
10 Posts
Sign in to add your message