Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Microair M760

M760 installed in a Condor, very recent purchase by a friend at Biscarrosse Airpark and we had problems transmitting yesterday.

We were either unreadable – at the airfield or readability 3-5 under Aquitaine Radar. The red light isn’t coming on when transmitting. The green light is when other aircraft and ground are received.

Going to check that the CD lockout is OFF and is nott in set-up state in the morning. Any idea what CD stands for?? Also anything else I could check for?

Thanks

Jude

EGBJ, EGBP, EGTW, EGVN, EGBS

What’s the electrics like in your a/c?
I have one in my glider and when the previous set of batteries was getting bad that’s the first thing that we lost. They seems to be very suceptible to voltage drop.

Nympsfield, United Kingdom

The electrics are charging, not battery powered as SEP. Thanks for your input

Different radio, but we’ve had these symptoms for years, cured by putting our battery on charge. We’ve bought a Trig 8.33, with new aerial and harness, but I’m pessimistic about the improvement when we fit it soon. We replaced battery, and recently also the voltage control box.
Your Condor may have electrics similar to our Jodel DR1050.
We may finally fit an alternator.

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

Jude098 wrote:

Any idea what CD stands for??

Carrier Detect, maybe?

I doubt this is the problem, because then nobody would hear you at all, not just badly.

LSZK, Switzerland

Thanks everyone.

Will try charging it before changing it.

These units suffer from high FM content on transmissions due to poor design!

EGSG / EGHH
7 Posts
Sign in to add your message