Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Any interest in oil analysis kits?

A use the prepaid kits from Avlab. You airmail the package to the USA and a week or two later you can see the results on their website.

I've been doing this about 5 years. It proved its worth once recently when I got a big increase in silicon and copper, which turned out to be the alternate air door not closing fully.

A few years ago I bought about 50 kits, with a view to getting a good price - especially given the shipping cost. I posted on some UK forum and there was a bit of interest but it was a hassle to send them out 1 at a time, and getting payment from some people.

The way to do it is to get together say 5 people, buy 50, and split them just 5 ways.

Would anybody be interested? My wild guess is that the cost will be around £10 each; hopefully less. If there is general interest I will contact Avlab. Last time they were really keen to sell me some more.

Current airmail to the USA is about £3.

There are UK options but they tend to be £20-25.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

The German option is ca. €70. It is comprehensive and nicely done though but still a ripoff, costing more than the oil.

I stuffed my suitcase with kits when I went to the US last year. You can buy kits at Spruce Europe for 14 € a piece ("like" them on Facebook and you get 5% discount).

Count us in Peter :)

Gloucester UK (EGBJ)

interested

Me too ...

EGSA, United Kingdom
5 Posts
Sign in to add your message