Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Aspen for Robin DR300 / DR400 STC, anyone interested?

Aspen Avionics is currently working on an EASA STC for their products in Robin 300/400 series aircraft.
They have gone trough the paperwork for the STC, and now need one aircraft to perform this STC on to validate this STC. Therefor they are looking for someone with a Robin DR300/DR400 series who would be interested in an Aspen EFD2000 (dual screen, dual AHRS / ADC) system.

Aspen offers a huge discount on their EFD2000 for one aircraft, which meet the requirements. When this first aircraft is done, it is expected that the STC will also be available free of charge for other Aspen EFD systems in these series, however with normal equipment prices.

For the right person, looking into an Aspen, this might be the right choice, where you can have an EFD2000 for less then what an EFD1000Pro would normally cost. Feel free to contact me for details. Offer only available for one aircraft, the first one ready to place an order will get the discount.

Note: Discussed with Peter before posting this post.

JP-Avionics
EHMZ

Good luck. I was trying to find a launch customer for 2 years and then cancelled the EASA STC application.

Avionics geek.
Somewhere remote in Devon, UK.

What does that tell us?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I had the same deal on offer from Aspen and spent money on EASA fees but the two prospective owners for the STC both pulled out so I lost quite a lot of money. I’ve never managed to get anyone else interested. The current EASA STC is being done by a German DOA and their customer has also now dropped out! I wonder why no owner will stay with it and see the STC completed?

Avionics geek.
Somewhere remote in Devon, UK.

What I was getting at is: what was the common factor with all those Robin owners?

I would think the Aspen is the cheapest way to get a long of bang for your buck, so why did they pull out?

Could those owners have been on a percentage of the projected STC revenue, and decided it was not likely to materialise? I have never heard of such an arrangement however.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I had also one candidate so far, which also pulled out. This is a shame, because it is quite rare, that an American manufacturer give it a try to support European products. See the Diamond DA40D topic for example. The same with other European products, hard to get new panels installed.

Yet, I have done quite some Aspen installation in all kinds of aircraft, and really belief in their products. Not only price, but also the very wide range of equipment which is supported as standard. In my opinion the are an accelent alternative to the G500 for most requirements, and good to keep some competition in this market.

JP-Avionics
EHMZ

Would Aspen be interested in extending the STC for Robin DR253? If so, I would be seriously interested.

Although not interested right at this minute, we are currently in the process of fitting a GNS 430 and Mode S transponder to our DR250. So we’re half way there.

It would make sense for this STC to include all the factory built DR2xx,3xx,4xx series aircraft? It will give better future potential for it. All the aircraft are essentially the same.

Robin_253 wrote:

Would Aspen be interested in extending the STC for Robin DR253? If so, I would be seriously interested.

I will contact them and see if they would be willing to do so. The DR200 series are another TCDS then the DR300/DR400 which share one TCDS, so not sure if they could easily adapt this. Will keep you informed.

JP-Avionics
EHMZ

Unfortunatly the DR200 doesn’t seem to be included, due to the different TCDS. There also seem to be a too low number of these to find sufficient audience for these. If you know any DR300/DR400 interested, please let me know.
If you know multiple DR200 owners who would be interested, let me know as well.

JP-Avionics
EHMZ
17 Posts
Sign in to add your message