Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Bose Quiet Comfort QC25/QC35 conversion for aviation

i also only can say good things about it as the price is great for a multiuse headset (as i aso use the qc 25 for traveling) i only can compare to the ANR senheiser digital and it is a good match.
little niggleing thing is to find a carry bag for it but that isnot a great deal
i like the little clamping force from the qc25 even better on long trips

it got my approval

i use it in a F33A

fly2000

For those not flying that much and already having a Bose QC-25 there is a Leosounds AvMike-1 headset (Bose QC25 conversion).

I use it and I am very happy with it… although not a real headset

jfw
Belgium: EBGB (Grimbergen, Brussels) - EBNM (Namur), Belgium

Additionally to Leosounds, I know of (but never tested myself) of two other “non-aviation Bose to Bose” conversions:

ELLX

I have been using my Bose QC15 with Uflymic for many years and like it very much. I now got a good deal on the QC25. Why not the newest QC35? Because the QC25 uses 1 quickly changeable AAA Batt. as opposed to the QC35 which uses an internally fixed Batt.
I upgraded from my QC15 because now both the 25 and 35 will still function without battery power.

I came across these mic add ons and will buy 1 soon:

Uflymic Harmony (USA)
Nflightmic (USA)
GetAvee (Norway)

You can buy two Bose/Addon Headset combos for the price of one Bose A20.

Any recommendations which mic to get?

Last Edited by Snoopy at 17 Dec 22:15
always learning
LO__, Austria

I have no personal experience with any of them. But there is at least one more called Leosounds: http://www.aviation.leosounds.de

P19 EDFE EDVE EDDS

Nflightmic works well, I found making a warranty claim with Uflymic a trying experience – I am using the Nflymic/QC35 combo.

Last Edited by Peter_Mundy at 18 Dec 06:48
EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

Having just had the battery on my QC25 run out on a holiday while sitting on a plane and then a 2hr bus, I am not sure I would want to use these in a plane One of the best things with an aircraft-powered headset is that you never get this problem. OTOH I accept that if you are renting you most likely don’t have a choice.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

The QC35 claims 20 hour battery life

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

The QC25 claims 35 hours – probably because it has no bluetooth

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

If the battery runs out you still have tx/rx with the wc25/35. Changing the battery takes 30 seconds, and a warning light gives you ample time before the battery runs out.

always learning
LO__, Austria
Sign in to add your message