Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Bose Quiet Comfort QC25/QC35 conversion for aviation

The Bose QC25 headsets, to use the Leosound mic, do you need wired or Bluetooth headset?
Thanks

Both options work as the LeoSound mic uses the QC25/35 audio jack and when it´s plugged in the bluetooth (if equipped) is disabled automatically (function of the headset itself). The QC25 is wired only and the QC35 is bluetooth and can be wired too.

Last Edited by Destinatus at 27 Dec 16:32
Prague
Czech Republic

I received last week a Nflightmic to use with a QC35 I have here, but not only. Actually I choose this one because I could potentially use it with another ANR headset I have. I am also using regularly a A20 since more than 1 year now, doing more than 100hr/h. And I bought it because during family trips, that are happening very often, I always have trouble with a club headset. This one is nice because pax can choose between connecting to intercom or to tablet/smartphone for amusement…

I am positively surprised by the ANR performances, that I expected to be not that good. You have to press a bit the ear cups a bit on the ears to have best effect, because the QC35 is not designed to press and hold firmly on the head, but it is really nice. Performances will also decrease when wearing sunglasses. I have used on a noisy warrior, and also DR400. And the confort versus the A20 is really improved. It is light and pleasant to wear. No feedback on battery time, just done 3 flights of 1h.
It is:
-lighter, confier, has no box between plugs and headset, and smaller than the A20, which is a nice plus.
but :
-ANR less performant on long flight, battery can quit you without possibility to recharge (A20 just need new AA battery), and for turbulent flight, A20 is hanging better on the head.

I also add that the volume is nicely controllable, and it’s not the case of the competitor, but may be wrong.

Last Edited by greg_mp at 18 Jul 13:30
LFMD, France

So, given that Amazon has the Bose QC25s for $129 (US only, it seems), what is the current common wisdom on the GA adapters?

The Avee looks nice, but at 245 EUR (not sure how to activate their “FlyDayDiscount”, perhaps that is the discounted price) is noticeably more expensive than the Leosounds one, at 175 EUR – the nicer looking magnetic mount isn’t worth the 70 EUR to me.

Then again, the NFlightMic Pro, at $200 / 180EUR might be the best of both worlds?

tmo
EPKP - Kraków, Poland

I’ve bought AvMike-1.3 at 185.50 EUR, happy so far.

EGTR

Courtesy of Euroga.org am I right that this combination produces a perfectly workable ANR aviation headset for a fraction of the cost of the ‘aviation’ product?

https://avmike.leosounds.de/produkte

https://www.bose.co.uk/en_gb/products/headphones/over_ear_headphones/quietcomfort-25-acoustic-noise-cancelling-headphones-apple-devices.html#v=qc25_black

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

Yes sir.

Works perfectly fine. And Michael does some good customer support for his mikes.

My father forgot several times that his headset was still plugged in when leaving the plane, as it is so much more lightweight and comfortable than early days headsets. Cable got damaged. He talked to Michael and got the cable repaired at, as far as I understood it, no cost at all (but he did have to promise that he would take more care in future).

!!Do not use that Bose app which is available for smartphones!!

I’ve read about that it does updates to the Bose headphone, and that it may be the case that noise cancellation worsens significantly. I think this concerns the QC 35 only, and not the QC 25 headset.

I don’t know what benefits could arise from firmware updates of a headphone. So I’ll not be connecting it. It just works perfect as it is.

Major difference in between the QC 25 and QC35 (or QC35ii) is the fact, that the QC35 has an inbuilt battery, whereas the QC25 takes an “AAA” type battery (also rechargeable). You can use the QC35 for about 20 hours I think. I never had an issue with it. In the case it really should go empty during flight, it continues to work without battery power, but then without active noise cancellation. The same is true for the QC25. However, regarding the QC25 I already had to replace the batteries after only a few hours of flight.

I use the QC25 only for passengers and have spare batteries (rechargeables) in a pocket. If it’s empty it’s no concern to exchange it in flight. But for me I prefer the QC35, which works long enough. Other thing is the bluetooth connection to be used with the iPad annunciations or a telephone call.

Last Edited by UdoR at 17 Jun 17:08
Germany

RobertL18C wrote:

Courtesy of Euroga.org am I right that this combination produces a perfectly workable ANR aviation headset for a fraction of the cost of the ‘aviation’ product?

https://avmike.leosounds.de/produkte

https://www.bose.co.uk/en_gb/products/headphones/over_ear_headphones/quietcomfort-25-acoustic-noise-cancelling-headphones-apple-devices.html#v=qc25_black

Works for me as well. Had a problem with QC25 themselves (got damaged in use), but as they are very cheap, replaced them at £50 cost and off you go…

EGTR

I like the Avee best and have them for the QC25.

https://www.avee.no/de/product/avee-combination-kit/

always learning
LO__, Austria

+1 for the Leosounds-adapter with the QC25 (while I have no experience with other adapters). Actually I don’t felt much difference from the A20, but that may be very subjective.

LSZF Birrfeld, LFSB Basel-Mulhouse, Switzerland
Sign in to add your message