Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Bose Quiet Comfort QC25/QC35 conversion for aviation

Snoopy wrote:

I like the Avee best and have them for the QC25.

Wow the Avee looks way more professional and sturdy than the AVmike. However, it looks as if it should be heavier than the AVMike. The AVMike has the controls (gain levels) as a small box in the cable, just like the A20. Weight is really low and very well balanced.

Good to know that there are more products on the market.

Germany

Two years ago while on vacation I did a couple of flights at the local club. To skip a full release I flew with their instructor, in hilly terrain it was good anyway.
He had such an adaptor. I could hear about every other sentence he was saying. That one was good though, so it can work. But he had to fiddle with at all the time.
I guess it’s good when it’s new, but once the 3.5mm jack start to have gaps, it goes downhill quickly.

ESMK, Sweden

One of the benefits of the AvMike (full disclosure: I’ve bought one!) is that the weight/strain is taken by a strap on the headband, and not the 3.5mm jack itself.

Biggin Hill, United Kingdom

Wow the Avee looks way more professional and sturdy than the AVmike. However, it looks as if it should be heavier than the AVMike.

It’s around 5 grams, not noticeable.

always learning
LO__, Austria

Arne wrote:

He had such an adaptor. I could hear about every other sentence he was saying

Are you referring to the AVMike or the Avee? We have 6 AVMikes in use here, two of them in daily use in flight school, and we haven’t encountered any problems so far.

Germany

Reviving an old thread.. just wondering if anyone has any more recent recommendations/feedback on buying an adapter to convert a regular pair of QC25s to work in the plane?

I see the Avee doesn’t support the QC25, which is a shame, because it does look good.
The Avmike Leosounds is available for 185 EUR
And the NflightMic seems to have rocketed up in price to EUR 399

Last Edited by NicR at 10 Jun 11:17
EGBJ and Firs Farm, United Kingdom

Can anyone confirm whether the Avmike Leosounds adapter enables you to continue listening to another (3.5mm connected) audio source (eg. ipad) whilst plugged in to the aircraft intercom? Would be ideal for my child, who would mainly be listening to music or games on the ipad but occasionally needing to chat with us on long journeys.

EGBJ and Firs Farm, United Kingdom

I have used an NFlightMic for the last 1.5 yrs with a QC35 II, and it’s fantastic. We also have an A20 in the plane, but I always choose the NFlightMic. It does a better job with NR and is lighter and more comfortable. It’s a lot of money for a pretty simple device that probably cost €5 to build, but functionally it’s really good.

EHRD, Netherlands

NicR wrote:

Can anyone confirm whether the Avmike Leosounds adapter enables you to continue listening to another (3.5mm connected) audio source (eg. ipad) whilst plugged in to the aircraft intercom?

How should that work? The mike adapter plugs into the socket on the QC headphones. There are no other input sockets. Neither on the headphones nor on the adapter.

EDQH, Germany

Clipperstorch wrote:

How should that work? The mike adapter plugs into the socket on the QC headphones. There are no other input sockets. Neither on the headphones nor on the adapter.

The sales page says:

AUX Audio IN : if you need AUX Audio IN e.g. sourcing Alarm and Warning Signals or any other audio source to your headset >> please contact me by email

So looks like they have a solution on request.

ELLX
Sign in to add your message