Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Bose Quiet Comfort QC25/QC35 conversion for aviation

Thank you @dutch_flyer

LRPW, LRBS, Romania

Laurent_N wrote:

I am trying to figure out if it is worth to pay 1200-1300 Eur on A20 that I will use once every week/2 weeks for 2 hours when flying or to buy either Bose 700 / Sony WH-1000XM5 with a mic kit for 250 Eur + the mic kit and end up with some headphones that I can use day by day (I work on the computer 8-10 hours/day) and use them as well when flying.

I have both an A20 and a QC35II + NFlightMic. I was pretty happy with the NFlightMic for quite some time. It’s lightweight, comfortable, and the noise cancellation is excellent. But I did notice two things: 1) the build quality is not great, and I had one cord break after about a year. They exchanged it for $50. 2) The mic isn’t as good as the A20, and I would sometimes hear ATC complain about it. I once did a test where I swapped between them then listened to myself on LiveATC.net to hear the difference. It was quite a big gap.

So where I’ve arrived is I use the A20 for myself and the NFlightMic setup for passengers.

EHRD, Netherlands

Has anyone been flying with new headphones with ANC? Bose 700, Sony WH-1000XM5 or WH-1000XM4? How does the ANC compare to the Bose A20?
I am trying to figure out if it is worth to pay 1200-1300 Eur on A20 that I will use once every week/2 weeks for 2 hours when flying or to buy either Bose 700 / Sony WH-1000XM5 with a mic kit for 250 Eur + the mic kit and end up with some headphones that I can use day by day (I work on the computer 8-10 hours/day) and use them as well when flying.
Now I use some ASA headphones and after 2 hours I am pretty tired and my ears are kind of blocked.

LRPW, LRBS, Romania

greg_mp wrote:

But it is definitely more confy that the A20, much lighter and easy to bring with you. Of rmy it depends on the type of plane I’m flying. If it"s a noisy one, I get a A20. E. G. with DA40, the QC gets it.

Since I already owned a QC35 before I started flying I bought the Leosounds adapter and found that it worked quite well. Later I bought another three for the family because I did not want to spend three k€ only for headsets. The Bose headphones are of course a consumer product and they look a little bit more fragile than the real deal. In my case this does not matter so much because I can spread the wear between four pairs since I often need only one or two of them.

I mostly fly Diesels and usually find the noise dampening and cancelling acceptable. However on the return legs in the evening from a day trip I often feel the remaining noise is too much. Maybe me being tired?

UdoR wrote:

I can confirm that Leosound provides an additional 3.5 socket if so desired. I have chosen the option for my mike.

Didn’t know that, maybe it wasn’t an option when I ordered mine.

UdoR wrote:

I wanted a backup in case that Bluetooth doesn’t work (mainly for telephone).

How do you use the Bluetooth? The QC35 disables the Bluetooth when something is connected to the input jack.

EDQH, Germany

I’m flying regularly with Leosounds + QC25 – all good so far.

EGTR

I can confirm that Leosound provides an additional 3.5 socket if so desired. I have chosen the option for my mike. Tested it but haven’t come to using it so far. I wanted a backup in case that Bluetooth doesn’t work (mainly for telephone). But then Apple decided to cancel the audio jack from the phone, so it’s really a backup for a backup. However other than that for pax great!

Edit: additional socket comes on the adapter case.

And now when I get to think about it I could connect handheld radio there, just in case it was necessary. Will try this.

Last Edited by UdoR at 11 Jun 09:55
Germany

NicR wrote:

I see the Avee doesn’t support the QC25, which is a shame, because it does look good.
The Avmike Leosounds is available for 185 EUR
And the NflightMic seems to have rocketed up in price to EUR 399

I can’t say that i’m flying regularly with it, but it is working well with a QC35, but ANR is not as good as A20 which I also have (QC is for pax). But it is definitely more confy that the A20, much lighter and easy to bring with you. Of rmy it depends on the type of plane I’m flying. If it"s a noisy one, I get a A20. E. G. with DA40, the QC gets it.
Something to notice, the earcups are ageing faster with QC, and the replacement one (on amazon) are ageing faster than A20.

LFMD, France

Clipperstorch wrote:

How should that work? The mike adapter plugs into the socket on the QC headphones. There are no other input sockets. Neither on the headphones nor on the adapter.

The sales page says:

AUX Audio IN : if you need AUX Audio IN e.g. sourcing Alarm and Warning Signals or any other audio source to your headset >> please contact me by email

So looks like they have a solution on request.

ELLX

NicR wrote:

Can anyone confirm whether the Avmike Leosounds adapter enables you to continue listening to another (3.5mm connected) audio source (eg. ipad) whilst plugged in to the aircraft intercom?

How should that work? The mike adapter plugs into the socket on the QC headphones. There are no other input sockets. Neither on the headphones nor on the adapter.

EDQH, Germany

I have used an NFlightMic for the last 1.5 yrs with a QC35 II, and it’s fantastic. We also have an A20 in the plane, but I always choose the NFlightMic. It does a better job with NR and is lighter and more comfortable. It’s a lot of money for a pretty simple device that probably cost €5 to build, but functionally it’s really good.

EHRD, Netherlands
67 Posts
Sign in to add your message