Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

FAA repair stations near Switzerland qualified to do 91.411 & 91.413 tests & inspections?

My 24-mo 91.411/91.413 inspections are coming due in Q1/2017 and I thought I’d ask if anyone knows of any FAA shops near Switzerland that are qualified to do them. I know of two such shops here and neither give much change for a $1’000 bill. I’d be happy to combine the inspections with a short trip to some place nice in southern Germany or eastern France for a couple days.

LSZK, Switzerland

Avionik Straubing in Germany are approved for this work and are a good company.

Last Edited by wigglyamp at 16 Nov 16:58
Avionics geek.
Somewhere remote in Devon, UK.

chflyer wrote:

My 24-mo 91.411/91.413 inspections are coming due in Q1/2017 and I thought I’d ask if anyone knows of any FAA shops near Switzerland that are qualified to do them. I know of two such shops here and neither give much change for a $1’000 bill.

I had my 91.413 transponder inspection done this month in the US and it was $75, performed on the plane in my hangar. The same company charges fixed costs of $200 total if you need both 91.411 and 91.413, or $350 total with Mode S and two altimeters. $1000 is nuts. Good luck.

Last Edited by Silvaire at 16 Nov 19:35

I know it’s not next door (I’m also based CH) but you may want to consider a week end on Jersey?
Cheap fuel will make up for the distance and the island is nice and friendly…
http://aeroservices.co/services/arc-certificates/
I met these guys once and they were friendly and welcoming. GBP-CHF should help your bill ;-)

LSGG, LFEY, Switzerland

In parts of Europe there is a surprising shortage of FAA 145 companies who do this work.

I used to pay £500 to IAE (Cranfield) or £300 if I flew up there (and paid more for fuel plus £60 to land).

Now I use MCA at Bournemouth EGHH and they are I think a bit less.

Switzerland to Straubing is a flight too…

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I think avionitec in Zurich should be able to do this.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Peter wrote:

In parts of Europe there is a surprising shortage of FAA 145 companies who do this work.

Actually more and more or popping up, as it is easier to become a dual 145 company. Since a few months we can perform these test as well. Unfortunatly it’s limited to certain airfields untill now, hopefully this will change as well.

JP-Avionics
EHMZ

I don’t think avionitec can do the test for N-reg.

I went to the big textron shop on apron 1 the former jetaviation. I paid about chf 500. they can only do the test and the paperwork, if anything is not ok the will hand you back the aircraft as they are not allowed to do maintenance on it. Maybe if you have a cessna they might work on it. Try to get a hold of Luca, the shop manager and strike a deal with him.

A few years ago there was a guy from avionic straubing doing the work at both frankfurt egelsbach and at airplus in friedrichshafen. It was about 250 or 300 €

placido

LSZH

I was looking at the logs of a N reg Cherokee I just bought as a project for the winter. The last owner “removed” the two altimeters and the transponder w/encoder and sent them away to have the 411 & 413 checks done. They were signed off by a repair station having cw the FAR’s. Quite bizarre. Didn’t seem correct to me.

Buying, Selling, Flying
EISG, Ireland

The same company charges fixed costs of $200 total if you need both 91.411 and 91.413, or $350 total with Mode S and two altimeters.

Now that sounds nuts to me.

This normally goes for 300-400 Euros in Europe, so 350$ in the US seems totally out of proportion, knowing that usually, anything to do with aviation costs about half over there.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 16 Nov 23:39
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany
21 Posts
Sign in to add your message