Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

FAA repair stations near Switzerland qualified to do 91.411 & 91.413 tests & inspections?

I was happy with $75 and 30 minutes out my lunch hour. The IFR stuff just comes from their website, no direct experience with them or any other company. $1.07 Euros versus $1.30 in the recent past would also be a factor.

Last Edited by Silvaire at 16 Nov 23:32

I was looking at the logs of a N reg Cherokee I just bought as a project for the winter. The last owner “removed” the two altimeters and the transponder w/encoder and sent them away to have the 411 & 413 checks done. They were signed off by a repair station having cw the FAR’s. Quite bizarre. Didn’t seem correct to me.

That’s no good. Any disturbance to the static air pipework requires a re-test.

Getting the instruments alone certified gives you nothing of value – unless you want to sell the instruments separately

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

That’s no good. Any disturbance to the static air pipework requires a re-test.
Getting the instruments alone certified gives you nothing of value – unless you want to sell the instruments separately

Yes thats what I thought too when I seen it, it would nearly do more harm than good. Still there is always a friendly big brand maintenance shop with a three letter name happy to take money :-)

Buying, Selling, Flying
EISG, Ireland

Here’s MY LIST of FAA Certified Avionics shops for 91.411/413 :

- Lambert Engineering – Kortrijk (Near Lille in Belgium) usually about 300€ +VAT

- ASP in Genk, Belgium usually about 300€ +VAT

- CIBA in Dinard, France usually about 400€ +VAT

- Troyes Aviation Troyes, FRance flat rate 500€ +VAT

Last Edited by Michael at 18 Nov 12:54
FAA A&P/IA
LFPN

Wow.

IIRC, General Enterprises (Eelde) is 250€ plus VAT.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Gama Aviation at Fairoaks, UK charge £396/€455 + VAT. Coverage for almost all Part 23 types and many helicopters. Off-site capability as well.

Avionics geek.
Somewhere remote in Devon, UK.

We don’t have a fixed fee, it is usualy between 192 Euro ex VAT (232,32 Euro incl VAT) and 260 Euro ex VAT (314,60 Euro incl VAT).
The most common figure is in the middle at 226 Euro ex VAT (314,60 Euro incl VAT)

JP-Avionics
EHMZ

Jesse wrote:

Since a few months we can perform these test as well. Unfortunatly it’s limited to certain airfields untill now, hopefully this will change as well.

Jesse – Can you please explain what the “certain airfields” limitation is ?

I have 3 411/413 tests that need to be preformed in the next 2 weeks – can you come to Paris ?

FAA A&P/IA
LFPN

Michael wrote:

Jesse – Can you please explain what the “certain airfields” limitation is ?

Unfortunatly we received a limitation, which allows me only to work on EHMZ, EHSE, EHRD and EHTX :-(
Pricing as given is for EHMZ.

So I am currently not allowed to perform this work in Paris, sorry. It is a bit strange, that different (local) CAA inspectors give different interpretations on FAA regulations. In this case the FAA 145 is based on EASA 145, so all audits etc are done by local CAA.

To make it more strange, I am allowed to do European style avionics / pitot static testing outside above locations.

Last Edited by Jesse at 18 Nov 21:25
JP-Avionics
EHMZ

Jesse wrote:

To make it more strange, I am allowed to do European style avionics / pitot static testing outside above locations.

WTF ?

FAA A&P/IA
LFPN
Sign in to add your message