Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Shadin Miniflo-L

Hi guys .
Over and over I have tested my Miniflo-L and noted it shows 2,2 gals per hour
more as the engine really consumes. During the last 100h it has been the same
difference. I suppose the transducer is ok and I have to change the K-Factor.
I have read the manual and it seems a bit difficult to adjust. Is there someone who
has experience?
Thanks in advance Thomas

Berlin, Germany

Thomas do you mean the instrument is reading 2.2 USG/hr more than you believe you are burning at that power setting?

The way to calibrate a flow totaliser is to fill the tanks up to full, set the totaliser to the full tank quantity (it should not be possible to set it to any more if it was configured correctly by the installer), do some flying, and fill the tanks up again, and compare the pump figure with how much the totaliser shows as having been burnt. Then adjust the K-factor to compensate for the error.

What aircraft is this? This may be worth a read. It is rare to get a “slightly faulty” transducer, so if your reading is say 20% off, the reason is likely to be one of the things in that article.

Your profile shows a TB20. If this is an EASA-reg TB20, it is generally believed that the FAA Shadin STC cannot be applied (legally), and you are stuck with it. Who installed the totaliser?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Hi Peter,
I’ve got N-reg. TB 20 with shadin Miniflo-L.
I have filled up the tanks several times but the Miniflo-L shows always more
consumption. There is a error of 15 %.
Thomas

Berlin, Germany

In that case I would suggest reading the link I posted. Check the installation is done in accordance with the FAA STC. If not, modify it and make sure the wiring is shielded. Only then adjust the K-factor but most likely it will either be OK or will need to be set to the value engraved on the transducer.

The Miniflo manual shows the K-factor setting procedure. There is some variation depending on which firmware version it has.

I have emailed you two manuals I have for a Miniflo. Shadin have produced many different versions of their manuals…

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
4 Posts
Sign in to add your message