Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

What endoscope / borescope / USB camera do you use?

Yeah… my email count is now well into double figures. Just had the latest fake delivery attempt this morning, sometime after 9am (office staffed 9am+). Turns out Ebay pay the Yodel shysters for each delivery attempt, so somebody is clocking up a bit of cash there… However I am also talking to some humans at Pitney Bowes in the USA. Getting there…

At the root of this saga is a vendor (Oasis Scientific) too stupid and xenophobic to want to ship outside the USA. I mean, going to the post office with a little box with a foreign address on it is too much work. I have seen this countless times – it’s the result of a country big enough for most firms to never need to export. You get this to a lesser extent in some bits of Europe too where the local economy is seen as adequate. So they use the Ebay fulfilment service, which is set up like everything in Ebay and Paypal and Amazon – to work when it works and leave you tearing your hair out when it doesn’t. I have the resources to drive this but most private individuals would not and would just lose the 200 quid.

Spruce are OK; I agree. They also have a disti in Germany called Sandelving which is OK.

However it’s probably fair to expect zero warranty on this item from Oasis.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

After much more time spent, waiting for the nonexistent Yodel driver (most likely a barcode scanning fraud, with ~20 “attempts”), ages talking to call centre chimps, the package never went anywhere the delivery address and is going back to the USA. Since Ebay declared it delivered, the only avenue I see is a CCJ against Paypal. Oasis are not interested.

Administrator

Peter, I would avoid to buy any thing from e***y exported from USA because of the so called “Global Shipping Programme” which is in my opinion an rip-off agreement E***y- P****B****. Just google the Global Shipping Programme and you will see.
I have more and more bad experience, whit them, so I think it is worth the hassle and the nerves buying from a decent company like ACS or PCA and using a classic independent courier.

ES?? - Sweden

It was delivered by a very apologetic (and smart) guy who was given it by a manager who apparently had his ar*se kicked by somebody this morning.

It turned out to be, essentially, a driver or drivers at Yodel who was/were turning up at a totally random address (last one, established from the GPS log of his barcode scanner, was a petrol station 2 miles from here) within the same postcode and scanning the barcode as “delivery attempted”. You could not make it up and it’s hard to believe anyone could be so dumb so as to think they would get away with that. But “somebody” still did it, more than 20 times, once per day.

This was after some dick at Yodel told me it was returned to the USA 8am this morning…

The last Yodel chat line person, ~10am this morning, told me they have had two cases of driver fraud and he will talk to some manager. It is likely that this was the guy who actually made it happen. All the other people there were complete muppets. Yet that too was a script monkey call centre somewhere far away, AFAICT.

Some of their drivers are self employed and paid c. 60p per drop. Some start their day with ~250 packages and don’t finish till 10pm. It’s a sad observation on our society’s race to the bottom.

Yodel’s fake delivery attempts are recorded for ever here

Administrator

Wow, you got the deluxe model, with the case ;-)

tmo
EPKP - Kraków, Poland

+1 on that model, I have one and it’s the best 200$ you can spend on a scope!

"Fly the airplane"
KPAE EGSO

Glad it finally turned up Peter.

This is a photo of my exhaust valve in Cylinder 2. All of my exhaust valves are very similar in my engine.

• There is no leakage which would cause burning or hot spots on part of the valve.
  • You can see the exhaust seat is reasonably clean (and it is obviously sealing well when the valve is closed)
  • There are lead deposits but Savvy QA which I subscribe to think the deposits are normal

I have lots of cross hatching on my cylinders, no corrosion, all of the inlet valves are fine too so I’m very pleased. I feel a bit safer flying over water now!

United Kingdom

Archer-181 wrote:

but Savvy QA which I subscribe

Which service is “QA”? Are you happy with them? Is it useful enough for you in Europe?

I too have had big issues with Yodel. I took to twitter and did all the #yodel #nodel nonsense, and after much discussion eventually got my parcel by driving round the neighbours and knocking on doors.

It was a UK supplier and I have now told them I won’t order from them any more if they use Yodel

Darley Moor, Gamston (UK)

I think Yodel’s “delivery” to me holds the world record on the lowest IQ a human can have while still being able to drive a van and swipe a barcode, and how many times this can be repeated, daily, without anybody realising something is “not quite right”.

I will have a look at my valves on my next service.

Administrator
Sign in to add your message