Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

What endoscope / borescope / USB camera do you use?

IIRC, at least on Android devices, the Vividia one can be viewed with some video players, for example VLC which I think can be asked to save to whatever file one wants. Maybe not on the latest and greatest though, I don’t have anything nearly that fancy.

Failing that, have a pattern around the cylinders and the timestamps on the files will tell the tale.

I’ve also considered first filming a tag with a number, so I know which cylinder the video is for.

tmo
EPKP - Kraków, Poland

The borescope described above (Vividia) is still working (does not work with Android 10 so I use it with an old Samsung S7 phone whose battery gets drained in about 15 mins with the light on max) but my A&P/IA has the Teslong TD100 which is a lot better

Funnily enough the same unit is listed here at quite a bit more.

The build quality is a lot better than the Vividia.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

The Teslong borescope works very well

The original phone attachment was difficult to use so I bought this one which you can see in the above pics.

Administrator

Looks similar to mine obtained here (around 150 USD)
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000093988184.html

For my applications it’s sufficient.

Can anyone ID the type of insect living in the wooden plane (caught on the last image)?

Last Edited by Snoopy at 20 Jan 20:49
always learning
LO__, Austria

type of insect living in the wooden plane

Termite. One of the advantages of a wooden aircraft, it self-recycles.

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

That one looks identical and is 1/3 of the price

Not much surprises me about China. Most companies there don’t make anything (they resell others’ stuff) and there is so much counterfeiting that you never know what you are getting. I found two sellers of that borescope, slightly different in price, and with tiny differences so at least one was obviously counterfeit. I found a 3rd one which clost slightly more. All labelled “Teslong” and same model

Administrator

Can anyone ID the type of insect living in the wooden plane (caught on the last image)?

Yikes! Is it from the plane you were looking to purchase?

BOD
LSGY, LFSP, LFHM, Switzerland

Yes. Two more samples from that plane:

And some from another one offered in „pristine restoration“ condition.

always learning
LO__, Austria

These borescopes are very useful inspection tools. Impressive photos!

Fly more.
LSGY, Switzerland

More pics:

Administrator
Sign in to add your message