Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

KFC230 / Aerocruze

In Beechtalk they’ve just put the KI300 back into Q2 (blaming it just a notch on the FAA shutdown which a sarcastic person could be tempted to call a lame excuse).
Well – we will see. My KFC150 works well, so no immediate call to action and if it were becoming urgent, it’s not that there aren’t autopilots available….

Last Edited by EuroFlyer at 11 Feb 19:41
Safe landings !
EDLN, Germany

This probably means the KFC230 will be abandoned.

I have this from someone there:

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

And then we have this:

https://www.bendixking.com/en/news-listing/2019/july/bendixking-receives-certification-for-three-highly-anticipated-cockpit-upgrades

…and a quote from a post about the KFC230 in beechtalk:

They call it the 230 Aerocruze; I’ll ask my avionics dealer (and one of the few left BK reps in Europe) whether or when it’s available. I can use it with my KEA130A or replace that with the KI300.

Last Edited by EuroFlyer at 25 Jul 10:35
Safe landings !
EDLN, Germany

The KFC230 now claims to be certified.

Administrator

QED… I am currently trying to find out the price and limitations such as which HSI and altimeter it needs.

Last Edited by EuroFlyer at 03 Oct 19:40
Safe landings !
EDLN, Germany

I can use it with my KEA130A or replace that with the KI300.

Perhaps you mean you can use it with a KI256, or replace that with the KI300.

The KEA130A encoding altimeter, you are stuck with, AFAIK.

There is a variety of encoding altimeters, including ARINC429-output ones. No idea what the KFC230 STC covers.

Administrator

Latest from the US:

They are shipping, but only if you’re using BK’s old attitude indicators.. The AP needs an attitude source and will work with legacy KFC150 components now. BK is currently approving the G500, then Aspen by second quarter of next year, then the KI-300… KAP150 is not yet approved because the attitude source/display are different.

Administrator

There appear to be substantial interface limitations on the KFC230. I have this info:

The KFC230 cannot consume “analog” attitude, e.g.
KI256 – it has no input circuitry for that. That’s why BK advertises the
KI300/KFC230 digital combo. But the KI300/310 has not
been certified as an attitude source yet. Not to say that the KFC230 needs
a digital air data source, too.
BK is in a trap. They have a few genuine (bad) and re-branded (maybe
better) products but they are often un-integrateble together. And
absolutely not AML-STCable as they dream about. They are not going to say
this loud but this is the main reason why they cannot deliver anything.

Also I have this from the US:

Only the KFC 150 servos can be re-used with the KFC230. Otherwise, you will have to spend 30K or more to upgrade to the 230 from any other autopilot.

Administrator

Some info in a video linked here.

It is a replacement for the KFC150 only and to me it sounds like HBK have reached the end of a line with getting STCs for it. No new installations; you have to have the KFC150 servos installed already!

Administrator

Which is a good thing, no ? The KFC150 is a pretty common AP and if this is a plug and play solution, we can save some money.

Safe landings !
EDLN, Germany
Sign in to add your message