Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

EHS or RVSM?

From here

It might be a TC, but we are encountering difficulties combining EHS and RVSM in the same avionics suite. But I live in hope.

EGKB Biggin Hill

Timothy wrote:

EHS and RVSM in the same avionics suite. But I live in hope.

Enhanced Surveillance?

EGTK Oxford

Yes. Anyone going more than 250kts is going to have to go the full Monty from 2020

EGKB Biggin Hill

What avionics are fitted?

EGTK Oxford

It’s more a question of what avionics we are going to fit.

In a nutshell, EHS is possible if we fit one autopilot, and RVSM if we fit another. It is a question of finding a combination that will do both.

But this is a big, big conversation that doesn’t really fit this thread.

EGKB Biggin Hill

You have the new thread

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

EHS is already a requirement in Europe for aircraft over 250kts or 5700kg – been in force for about 10 years. You can get exemptions if your aircraft isn’t capable of supplying all DAPs.

Avionics geek.
Somewhere remote in Devon, UK.

Can those exemptions be general? My reading is that there are only a few countries requiring it at the moment, but that by 2020 it will be required all over Europe, that exemptions will not generally be given and that each NAA will grant exemptions for its own airspace.

If that is wrong, I’d love to know, but it is the way the documents read to me.

EGKB Biggin Hill

@wigglyamp I have already been talking to Andy and Shaun about this aircraft. If you can come up with a solution that gives us a future proofed RVSM and EHS on a 695A it might well tip the work to be done in Fairoaks instead of US.

Unless they come up with a solution in the meantime, of course.

EGKB Biggin Hill

But first, let’s define “Within European designated EHS airspace”. What does that actually mean?

17 Posts
Sign in to add your message