Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

JP Avionics

10 Posts

I have not seen any posts from Jesse in recent months
I also send him a few emails for some avionic updates for my plane but never got any answers mmhhh

does anyone know more about?

fly2000

Peter_Paul wrote:

I have not seen any posts from Jesse in recent months
I also send him a few emails for some avionic updates for my plane but never got any answers mmhhh

does anyone know more about?

Jesse was kicked out from the forum about a year ago. Is the e-mail address you’ve tried [email protected]? It is their official address and has worked for me in the past.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

I had occasional problems sending emails to Jesse some years ago. If I remember correctly he never received some of my emails to him.
Try and give him a call +31628865391

ESTL

To clarify: Jesse was banned for posting personally offensive material. Only one other poster has been banned and most people know who that was (he’s been back as various different characters). Please do not start another debate on forum moderation or that the moderator should not participate in the forum; we have some past threads on that in which it was explained over and over that an unmoderated forum simply does not work, and the only alternative to the latter is that somebody pays a hidden mod’s salary (even what was probably the wealthiest poster here declined that offer )

It has been reported to me that some EuroGA people have found it difficult to get a response from him. I am sure he reads EuroGA however so maybe he can either check his spam box, or respond to emails to get more business

I never had any difficulty emailing with him.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Jesse is alive and doing well. Among other things, at the moment he is busy upgrading/rebuilding my Robin’s panel with GTN/GTX and dual Aspen. I will post here a short writeup on the whole process as soon the plane becomes airworthy again. You can contact him at [email protected] or +31 6 288 65 391

Jesse was banned for posting personally offensive material

Was that a life sentence? I thought, on the whole, that he made some helpful and interesting contributions. Ah well…

As for offensive material, it’s really a difficult concept for those of us who had the good fortune to be born in God’s county. I mean, no matter what might be said to a Yorkshireman, he simply cannot conceive that it is intended to be remotely critical. For all we know, the same might apply to those brave Dutch people who operate fabulous floating cranes, quaff lethal beer, wear wooden shoes and build their houses below sea level.

Glenswinton, SW Scotland, United Kingdom

It’s a crying shame, really.

FAA A&P/IA
LFPN

It is a “crying shame” because everyone over the age of about 10 knows perfectly well where the line lies!

Most of a mod’s job is dealing with posters who knew perfectly well what the perceived meaning will be, and that it breaches the forum Guidelines, yet they still press Submit.

National cultures, or a claimed reduced command of English, are nothing to do with it. The stuff in question is completely not subtle and in most cases would get you into a fight if you did it down the pub.

One mistake made in the past was to engage openly in the forum with the transgressors. This suited them perfectly; indeed dragging the mod into the open where he can be beaten up (posting “why was my post deleted????” in the thread) was a key part of the objective. It will not happen again.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

… as my wife would say, whatever.

FAA A&P/IA
LFPN

I was in a forum once (on automobiles) where to make their point the mods suspended people for a month or a week, not for eternity….

Just sayin’

Safe landings !
EDLN, Germany
10 Posts
Sign in to add your message