Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

TB Electrical Switches

The fuel pump switch on our TB10 has stuck in the 'on' position and nothing will persuade it to disengage, but with the battery on the fuel pump does not run. Suspect the switch has had it.

Anyone have any experience with these switches?

Maintenance gave us a typical 'bring us the plane and we'll take a look' response but I've not yet tried a cold-start without the pump. Suspect may be difficult or will involve a lot of cranking to get fuel through the lines.

Considering swapping the rotating beacon switch (also 5amp, no other 5amp option on the panel) with the fuel pump switch. What do people think?

EGLM & EGTN

If the pump CB/switch won't turn the pump off then it is definitely a duff switch.

Are you G-reg or N-reg?

The issue is that you need the plane to remain airworthy. The beacon is very likely mandatory for your airframe serial number range (but I could well be wrong! - I don't have a beacon on mine) but I doubt that changing the present CB/switch to a normal toggle switch plus a separate CB would be a Major mod, and it would be a good long term thing to do anyway.

On N-reg, the test is whether it is a "basic change" to the electrical system, which this won't be.

You can buy the CB/switches from Socata, no doubt... contrary to popular forum folklore, Socata parts are normally very available - at the usual aviation price. If you buy one, please get another one and I will buy it off you. Also it is vital to get the manufacturer and P/N from it - for here

It's ever so useful to have the ATP CD parts catalogue; a Feb 2006 one, which is as recent as it gets, is fairly freely circulating in the wild

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Thanks Peter.

G-reg.

No idea if the beacon is mandatory, but it is certainly possible to make a 10min hop to maintenance without it. The fuel pump, not so much...

Have the parts catalogue. Am tapping up Troyes for the part as we speak...

EGLM & EGTN
3 Posts
Sign in to add your message