Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Oxygen - using bizjet refill facilities, and fittings for those

Following an email to MH – I found one – $85 – from Mountain High here – TA-540-AN

Interestingly they don’t appear to do a version for filling DIN cylinders, but they are probably not used much in the USA. Here they are preferable for the (and IMHO only for the) scuba shop refilling option.

Anyone interested in doing a group purchase, to cut down delivery cost from the USA?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I am ordering both options, to cover both “little plane” (TBM, King Air etc) and “big plane” refill options

Administrator

Here they are – beautifully made

I will carry them in my toolbox, so in case I get stuck for a refill of my MH cylinder(s) I can throw a large sum of money (of the order of €200) at a jet service centre…

The RH end of the upper one should be the same as the oxygen refill in GA planes which have built-in oxygen systems, and whose cylinder is normally not removed.

Administrator

Here is a view of the actual refill end of the above fittings

Apparently the left one has been confirmed as being identical to the one a turbocharged Cessna 182.

Can anyone else confirm, for say an SR22T or a DA42?

Administrator

Looks like it. DA42 below:

EGBB

I have just got this from one big service centre:

The one on the left does the later King Air and TBM. The larger of the two actually charges the Seneca and most Pipers

Administrator

Peter wrote:

Can anyone else confirm, for say an SR22T or a DA42?

Yes, DA42.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Which of the two is the DA42?

Administrator

Just got this from a US oxygen gear seller

the smaller ‘King Air’ fill end is by far the most common one in the industry, and is the same one on the Cirrus and DA42s

Administrator

Has anyone not been able to refill a DIN477 at an European aiport?
I have a DIN477 system, but wondering if should get the “King air adapter above” Sub Aqua Products do the adapter DIN477 → CGA540 for ~30 GBP.

20 Posts
Sign in to add your message