Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Pre-cut carpet kit

Hi!
Do we have a company in Europe that produces pre-cut carpet kits for light aircraft?

I am looking to replace the floor carpets on our 1975 PA28-180 Archer. There are kits available from the US, but just to order a free sample from them costs 273$ due shipping.

mh
Aufwind GmbH
EKPB, Germany

You probably know this anyway but the carpets need to be fireproofed.

When I did the interior on my last aircraft I had them made up by a car company and then sent them away to be treated.

Ditto if you do the seating in leather, there is a company in Scotland ….. Muirhead Leather … that supplies fireproofed leather especially for aircraft.

I just ordered a pre cut vinyl floor covering kit for the U206. It will cost more than to re carpet my whole house. The wife doesn’t know that it costs €1200 or so landed here.

They have plenty of PA28 stuff. I think 273 euro for a sample is a bit OTT. You should try some of the shipping forwarding services. ShopUSA etc…

https://scs-interiors.com/collections/cherokee-pa-28

Buying, Selling, Flying
EISG, Ireland

And how does the Vinyl flooring compare to carpet? Nicer wears better? Easier to clean?

WilliamF wrote:

It will cost more than to re carpet my whole house

You probably know that (otherwise you wouldn’t have bought it), but for the others – do not underestimate the value of a good pre-cut carpet kit. Depending on the aircraft type, cutting it yourself is very fiddly, and can lead to poor results.

Biggin Hill

I think vinyl is better for flying off grass all the time, which is SOP around here. Its quicker and easier to clean. The sound proofing material can still be applied underneath. I had vinyl in my 180 and I liked it. The utility airplanes you see in America all seem to go the vinyl road. The comanche had carpets and I was vacuuming it out all the time. I agree the price seems high, but when you refurb an interior you will judge it on it’s weakest item. If you leave out something it sticks out like a sore thumb. Any homemade carpet efforts I’ve seen have been “semi optimal” as the germans say. The item I’m wresting with now is the plastics, whether to spend 3k on the Selkirk interior or fix/paint/cover my own ones. Headliner coming from Airtex, and seats are in hand now.

You need to develop an inner happiness about spending money on your airplane, or else you’ll live in torment.

Buying, Selling, Flying
EISG, Ireland
7 Posts
Sign in to add your message