Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Manchester Barton EGCB IFR airways departures and arrivals

Hello,

Does anyone have any experience with IFR airways departures and arrivals into Manchester Barton (EGCB), which is of course a VFR airfield? If coming from London via TNT VOR, how would controllers likely vector you and where would I need to transition to IFR OCAS? Would they insist on the low-level corridor west of EGCC and transition me to VFR in the vicinity of the entry point there or would they vector me through controlled airspace and drop me out somewhere close to EGCB? If I want to avoid the low-level corridor, could I route via N57 to DENBY so that I can approach the airfield from the northeast?

For departures towards London, what would be a usual point to join controlled airspace? Looking at the SIDs for Liverpool and Manchester, likely joining points could be NANTI or LISTO. Would it likely be possible to be cleared to enter class D airspace ahead of that to avoid the low-level corridor? Would EGCB coordinate initial heading and details with Manchester on the ground?

When I called the airfield directly, the FISOs there seemed to be rather uninformed with respect to IFR flights.

Thanks!

Wolfgang

EGTF, EGLK, United Kingdom

I can’t help you with the specific airport but

the FISOs there seemed to be rather uninformed with respect to IFR flights.

is normal; as far as they are concerned you depart and arrive as any VFR flight, even if the flight plan is “I”.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
2 Posts
Sign in to add your message