Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Meet up at Mali Losinj LDLO, July/August 2016

We had some Eurocontrol fun getting back

Mali Losinj is a truly outstanding place!

Great for swimming too, with good water temp especially in the bays where the water was not moving around.

If anyone wants an A&P/IA for anything including a pre-buy, anywhere in Europe, well, he is back now and been well fed with fish

It’s a pity nobody else turned up but I guess it is “family holiday” time and almost everybody has all the balls in the air.

The place was relatively busy but we got a wonderful apartment for relative peanuts – 120 quid total for 2 bedrooms for 2 nights! That was lucky since I got five rejections on AirB&B (clearly some trickery was going on e.g. people putting nonexistent apartments up / chancers looking for bigger groups) and got this one on booking.com. The usual pick – Hotel Apoksiomen – was equally hedging its bets by repeatedly not replying and not returning calls or emails despite agreeing to get back with a confirmation within an hour… I hope they ended up with empty rooms!! They did get back to us but way too late, but the price was much lower than advertised which confirmed what one local told me: they hold back a few rooms for last minute stuff.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

I got five rejections on AirB&B (clearly some trickery was going on e.g. people putting nonexistent apartments up / chancers looking for bigger groups)

You should report this to AirB&B – this is not allowed by their policy. I do this because AirB&B has made business model on trust and sincere reviews. If that’s gone the whole business case is gone.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Interesting… the process does enable the host to reject a request for no reason. OK; in this case the reason was probably

• holding out for a larger group by feeding bull to enquirers from small groups (all hotels do this when they are busy)
  • the place was not available at all e.g. because somebody lives there and rents it out only at times (we had exactly such an apartment in Paris last weekend; 2 girls live there)

I still use AirBB because if you go for the price level of a nice hotel room for 1 person, you get a sizeable apartment for 2 or 3 people.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

The reason for reporting is for AirB&B ban such people from accessing the platform because it ruins major feature of this business model – the trust.

I had situation two months ago in Split (booking for my nephews) that owner denied booking after confirming it, asking for more money because it was time of Ultra festival. So I reported it.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia
14 Posts
Sign in to add your message