Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Meet-up Sunday 02 August - LFAT, France

I have a free slot then The wx looks good over a fairly big area

although the “993” LOW might move in on Monday, so it might be good only for a day trip.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I’ll be flying to Northern Italy this weekend (probably Calcinate, see http://www.euroga.org/forums/trips-airports/4472-recent-experience-with-lilc-calcinate-del-pesce). I’m busy on Saturday but if you guys meet somewhere reasonably close-by (including Switzerland, Southern Germany, max. Portoroz) on Sunday, I could show up there.

The Expo is still on in Milano, but then there’s the issues with Bresso, unfortunately. :-( http://www.euroga.org/forums/trips-airports/4021-milano-bresso-needs-help?page=1

Last Edited by Patrick at 29 Jul 11:08
Hungriger Wolf (EDHF), Germany

I am going somewhere Sunday. Have not decided where yet, but most probably within 90 minutes of LFPT. Caen and Granville are two options I consider :-)

LFPT, LFPN

For me, it needs Customs/Immigration. LFAT is one popular option But 90 mins from LFPT is a big radius. I have never done Rouen LFPO or Granville LFRF – are they flyable from the UK?

Administrator

Peter wrote:

Rouen LFPO or Granville LFRF – are they flyable from the UK?

Rouen LFOP is ok (6hrs Customs PNR). Avgas available but I suspect the TB20 could make it back to Shoreham without refuelling

Granville LFRF used to have Customs but it was withdrawn a couple of years ago.

Is the restaurant at Calais LFAC open these days? I’ve lost track of it.

TJ
Cambridge EGSC

LFOP does have customs/immigration but the airport restaurant is closed during weekends and the drive into town is longish. Granville would require landing at Caen LFRK or Cherbourg to clear immigration. The advantage of LFRK is that the landing fee is a steal!

In Granville there are several restaurants in walking distance from the field. Of course LFAT aka L2K has an excellent brasserie right there next to the terminal building.

LFPT, LFPN

TJ wrote:

Is the restaurant at Calais LFAC open these days? I’ve lost track of it.

I called the restaurant at Calais. They will be open on Sunday until 17:00 LT (15 UTC). They do not yet know when they will close for annual leave!

The nice thing about Granville is that you can walk to the beach in a few minutes. That is not the case in Calais.

LFPT, LFPN

Personally, FWIW, I am not keen on just flying to an airport and eating in the cafe/restaurant right there.

I guess this is why Le Touquet is so popular. You get a nice walk, 20mins, and a nice town with lots of nice places to eat.

I don’t recall Caen having anything of note, and the town is not much better except for the very good museum. But I may have missed something…

I have been to the Calais restaurant a few times. It’s OK. Same with Cherbourg, where the town is a fair distance away; I went there on a Sunday and most of it was shut.

Administrator

Personally, FWIW, I am not keen on just flying to an airport and eating in the cafe/restaurant right there.

I do not disagree with that. I like things to be in walking/biking distance, which is one of the things that makes L2K great; city center within walking distance, and bike rental at the airfield. And if you are thirsty upon arrival, you can always get refreshed at the local restaurant before making it into town

LFPT, LFPN

Sun/Mon still looks good…

Administrator
19 Posts
Sign in to add your message