Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Meet up weekend 23-25 May 2015 (Dresden EDDC)

In the UK this is a bank holiday weekend so the Monday is a holiday also.

The wx looks like it might be reasonable.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

We are off to either Carcassonne or Barcelona – or somewhere in that direction. Original plan was Shetland but the wx looks a bit iffy.

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

The runway is a bit short… but hey they have an ILS so I can find it

Administrator

I have the aircraft booked for Sat/Sun/Mon.
Thinking about flying to Dresden EDDC. I heard it’s a nice city…

Dresden is very nice but can also be rather crowded during weekends.

If you are in the area you might also consider a short hop over to Bautzen EDAB which is about 30NM from Dresden. EDAB has an RNAV-approach and the by far cheapest fuel in the area, currently EUR 2,19/litre. The town is a EUR 15 taxi-ride from the field and has a small but very nicely renovated historic part.
Airport Bautzen

Been there recently for a long weekend and very much enjoyed it. We rented a car which was delivered to the field and also returned there to the (very pregnant) lady handling the tower. Drove to Görlitz which also has a very nice historic town center and through the “Saechsische Schweiz”
Tourism Saechsische Schweiz

RXH
EDML - Landshut, Munich / Bavaria

Dresden (Airport and City) are great! Roland might be right that it can be crowded, but i think it’s one of the best GA destinations in Germany. To the other places I have not been!

Heading to Verona

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Dresden sounds good… which days? This is what I have

ILS both ways so I can’t possibly get lost!

Verona has customs but no avgas, but you are OK with the DA42

Administrator

We rented a car which was delivered to the field and also returned there to the (very pregnant) lady handling the tower. Drove to Görlitz …

From Bautzen, both Dresden and Görlitz can easily be reached by train if one doesn’t want to drive himself. All three towns are well worth a visit. Görlitz is special because one half is in Germany and the other in Poland called Zgorzelec. You walk over a bridge crossing the river Neisse and you are in another country. On my last night stop in Bautzen (we fly there once per week – tomorrow next – but rarely overnight) I stayed in one of the "Turmzimmer"s (tower rooms) of the Hotel “Schlosschänke” (http://www.holidaycheck.de/hotel-Urlaubsbilder_Hotel+Schloss+Schaenke-ch_ub-hid_71072.html?mediaOrder=4&action=detail&detailPage=24#detailView). That’s inside a massive round tower that is part of the medieval city wall. I like this kind of accomodation a lot more than those modern hotel chains that look exactly the same everywhere.

EDDS - Stuttgart

I think my family is leaving for Greece Saturday, … have to check flights. After that I am FREE to fly where I want :-)

80 Posts
Sign in to add your message