Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Meet-ups May-June-July-August 2015

So we are doing Croatia?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

You mean Mali Losinj? … I am not quite sure yet about how the weather will develop over the Alps. I was also thiking about either Hamburg (show my son the harbour and land on a big Airport ;-)) or Berlin… or Heringsdorf at the Baltic Sea who have nice apartments on the airport … or just show him Dresden (which is a very uncomplicated airport too)

If doing Croatia, I would suggest Brac because EuroGA has not done that yet.

We had a really brilliant fly-in to Mali Losinj in May 2014.

I can do Brac direct from the UK in ~ 6hrs and have done it several times.

Heringsdorf… did that here and don’t think much of the place itself. It’s a useful Customs (I mean immigration) airport.

Administrator

Oh, I’v been to Brac several times, but if I flew down to Dalmatia, I’d fly to Split because it’s my second hometown (friends, family)… but i’m unsure if I shoud do that now. Brac and Split are both about 2:15 from here ….

Let me think …

Edit: Not sure but at the mountain forecast is not that great. I’ll wait until tomorrow afternoon (new DWD prognosis at 1 pm) before I start thinking about it)

Last Edited by Flyer59 at 05 Apr 18:19

So, is the Prague meet-up off?

Propman
Nuthampstead , United Kingdom

No, that one is going ahead. See the “sticky” at the top of this forum. 1-3 May.

Administrator

Hi Peter, I’m thinking about flying to Toussus le Noble, Wednesday to Friday. Preliminary plan is to find a hotel in Versailles and to take the train into the city Thursday morning, back at night. Fly home Friday.

Emir: You know that there was an airstrip on VIS on WWII? It would be great if that ilsand had an airport again …

Yes, I was up there on the field few years ago and last summer I overflew it. Every year there are some talks about rebuilding it but I doubt it will ever happen.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Just bumping this one to the top

Administrator

Peter, any plans for June? I’ll be in Olbia next weekend (actually June 3 to 7).

LDZA LDVA, Croatia
Sign in to add your message