Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Meet-ups May-June-July-August 2015

Any ideas for meet-ups July-August?

Recently discussed were Sweden and Zell am See

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

What is hotel availability like there, and any recommendations?

It is all on the Fly-in web-site, Peter. But here is the link for accomodation=.

Looking at the pictures from previous fly-ins makes feel old… Where are the freshly minted PPLs?

LFPT, LFPN

Alderney is very nice, I was just there two weeks ago. You can walk around the entire island and it has beautiful beaches, great scenery, and quite a few WWII fortifications. I would book ahead for accommodation; I was almost caught out when the aircraft wouldn’t start for the trip home!

Sans aircraft at the moment :-(, United Kingdom

Mwell. I am wondering whether the Alderney fly-in is something I should aim for or avoid… I imagine it can be quite a zoo, and I am looking for something quiet. Any prior experience anyone?

LFPT, LFPN

I will put that Alderney one in my diary. I have never been there.

What is hotel availability like there, and any recommendations?

Is anyone else doing anything in the 2nd half of June? (somewhere scenic)

Administrator

http://flyalderney.com/2014-fly-in.html
The Alderney Fly-In this year is on 26-28 June 2015

UK, United Kingdom

The island of Gotland is highly recommended. I also like Bornholm and Læsø a lot. As you can tell I am a big fan of islands for whatever reason. And from Visby it is a shortish hop over to the Baltic states.

I will be flying to Mannheim for the PPL/IR social weekend June 12-14, and have plans to fly to Oslo (ENKJ) in the end of August.

I would also fancy a weekend on the island (again) of Alderney some time in June/July.

Last Edited by Aviathor at 28 May 11:09
LFPT, LFPN

Visby has customs O/R as well as AVGAS and its sees a lot of GA traffic.

The city is an old Hanseatic town with a well-preserved medieval city centre and a city wall from the 12th century. It’s a UNESCO World Heritage site.

The island is very nice in summer (it has the largest amount of sun per year in Sweden) and is a popular destination for Swedes on vacation.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

… only 350NM for us, btw. we are flying in from Lubeck, not Kiel.

Administrator
35 Posts
Sign in to add your message