Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Metars this afternoon

Shoreham gusting 57 knots, only second to Valley at 63 knots.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

I know – I’ve just been down there

The walk from the restaurant to the hangar had to be airside, keeping very close to the hangars to not get wet.

I reckon a takeoff today would peg the VSI against the stop for a good 10 seconds

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Quite astonishing, and it wasnt that long ago since we were seeing METARS > 50 or more all over. I really hope this is a freak January and February in 2014, and in 2015 it will just be cold, gloomy and snowy like it is most years. We have hardly day a day I dont think where it has been <5 degrees C, very ‘warm’ for this time of year. I havent even bothered looking at any BBC or aviation related forecast this week to see if its worth flying this weekend.

Needless to say I have remained in EHAM. Isle of Man METAR is 41G58…

EGTK Oxford

Isn’t EHAM the only airport that has a brothel?

I have no idea but nothing in Holland would surprise me…

EGTK Oxford

I am not an expert, neither on big airports nor on brothels, but am quite sure one could get “service” of this kind at most major airports with a single phone call. Something makes me suspect Moscow airports should be especially abundant on the “offerer” side.

And yes, it is far too warm to be natural these days. Fine on the house heating bill, but quite annoying on the garden – some of my trees and shrubs are pretending to put forth some buds.

To get back on topic: wind is less spectacular here than in the UK, but even so one sees “interesting” airliner maneuvers on flightradar24, combined with looking out of the window and some listening on 120,775 – my current home views the EBBR approaches of both 19 and 25R

No need to say I can’t even think of even the merest circuit flying, these days – time and to spare for preparing the season, and for some modifications to the plane.

Last Edited by at 12 Feb 20:27
EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

Here in the southwest of Germany, it is still one of the best flying winters ever.

EDFM Mannheim/City
METAR EDFM 122020Z 17007KT 130V190 CAVOK 06/M01 Q1004=

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

I wanted to fly to Mannheim today… but WX was too bad first so we only circled around Manching (ETSI) for two hours, practicing approaches. But mayb enext week. My friend has to pick up his R44 there, I’ll let you know!

Hey hey fellows, a bit more respect for my little country please.. There is more than just brothels. Like, ehhm, drugs for instance

Private field, Mallorca, Spain
14 Posts
Sign in to add your message