Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Misc. electronic conspicuity boxes: Garrecht / Air Avionics / TRX-1500A / Air Connect / PAW / PilotAware / LXnav / PowerMouse / FlarmMouse / Flarm / Uavionix / SkyEcho / SafeSky

Peter wrote:

You could place an order in their online shop for something trivial and see if it arrives

let’s first see whether we can solve the issue with our transponder as really, not being able to go flying to the sea (Croatia, Elba, Sardinia) as we always do this time of the year because we can’t corss any of the many CTR is really terrible.

If and once this is solved then we’ll have the time to know more about the company’s health.

LILC, Italy

Guys, sorry for the pressure but we have to take a decision on how to proceed as simply waiting at the window without any reply from them and our aircraft sitting in the hangar simply is not an option.

If anyone has some contacts with them, please let us know so we keep the matter in standby, hoping for a reasonable and acceptable solution, otherwise if nothing can be done and no one can help, we’ll accept the situation, buy a new TXP and proceed officialy for damage requests.

Let me add a personal note that this is really the least i would have expected from a company such as Garrecht.
True i work in a different industry (packaging) but in our world answers the same day of the request are considered excellent service, the day after standard and answer in 2 days is so and so service. Anything after that is simply unacceptable and means loosing a client. How come we have no replies to neither email nor phone calls in over a month??

LILC, Italy

I called them on their website number +49 6224 98 96 999 and a man answered. He said they were closed last week. Give them a try… and please do post how far you get.

Their website says

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

I called them on their website number +49 6224 98 96 999 and a man answered. He said they were closed last week. Give them a try… and please do post how far you get.

I am often surprised how often people these days send email and then give up. When so much is at stake, get on the phone and try to call them.

EGTK Oxford

JasonC wrote:

I am often surprised how often people these days send email and then give up. When so much is at stake, get on the phone and try to call them.

thanks Peter, will try again tomorrow morning.
FYI we tried calling once a day in different hours every single day since 10 days past from the last email recieved, and never had a reply, only the answering machine saying no operator was available.

Again, we hope to solve this in the best way possible and to say good things about them, not to throw mud on their reputation.
We’ve been happy customers and the transponder worked really great so far, but it’s the total lack of feedback that creates this situation.

Answering with an email saying they will be closed and we’ll have our TXP back working by let’s say the end of August would be enough to keep us waiting knowing all will be good.

We’ll call again and keep you updated on further developments.

thanks,

LILC, Italy

Garmin and Uavionix have settled.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

Garmin and Uavionix have settled

That’s a very good thing for GA as under the US ADS-B mandate deadline (effective about 11 weeks from now) Uavionix has by far the most practical and innovative solutions. Hence Garmin’s lawsuit.

Uavionix Tailbeacon X

https://uavionix.com/products/tailbeaconx/

I have to say I do like the look of this

Hope it works better than their “probeless AoA” :)

tmo
EPKP - Kraków, Poland

The standard Uavionix Tail Beacons have become ubiquitous in the US. I haven’t heard of anybody having trouble with them. They showed up just in time for a lot people to get ADS-B Out compliant without big hassles.

Sign in to add your message