Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Mooney - how to use oxygen system??

Hi. I’m trying to figure out what exactly I need to utilize built in oxygen system.
I have BNC-scott connectors and fully serviced oxygen system but now I can’t find clear diagram what accesories I need to buy to use it.
I have MH cannula and BNC-scott connector. Do I need something more (like pressure regulator) ?
I know that there is electronic demand regulator available but for now I don’t want to use it, maybe later.

I’m looking what is simplest configuration I can utilize.

http://www.Bornholm.Aero
EKRN, Denmark

Do you have a screw to adjust the flow on the Scott coupling? With a flow indicator you should be good to go. I always used a saturationmeter. They clip on your finger and are ideal to check the O2 level in your blood.

EHTE, Netherlands

Hi Przemek, yes you need a pressure regulator somewhere between you and the bottle. It can be as simple as a little knob on the BNC-scott connector that will connect to your built-in O2 system (you can see the knob on the left-hand side on this picture for instance: https://www.aerox.com/4110-605-3-needle-valve-with-scott-style-fitting/)

Can you post pictures of what you have?

In addition to that, you’ll need a method to tune the amount of O2 you’re breathing depending on your altitude; aerox call them “flowmeters”.

Last but not least, a little O2 saturation measurement device that plugs on your finger can prove helpful (along with a periodic reminder to actually check it).

ha, “forum message airprox”, my bad

Maybe reconsider not using an on demand system. I use this mountain high oxygen O2D2 system in my TB21. It adjust itself in relation to altitude and it will make the built in bottle last for many more hours of flight.

I have found that getting oxygen refill at most airfields falls somewhere between alot of trouble and impossible. So the system drastically reduces the demand for refill or worry about running out of oxygen somewhere inconvenient.

THY
EKRK, Denmark

Hi Przemek, I had the same problem a year ago when I bought my Saratoga with built in oxygen. I started with the Aerox valves, Aerox flow meter (it has altitude indication) and the Aerox oxysaver canula. This is a relatively low cost system that works well. Now I try to find out how much oxygen I will save when I’m using the Mountain High demand system and if it’s worth to buy and the extra box to explain to the children or passengers.

EHLE, Netherlands

I used these from Aerox. The scott coupling plugs in the aircraft stock 02 system, you adjust the flow with the adjuster valve on top of the coupling using the tube with the ball (the ‘flowmeter’) and check saturation regularly with a little device. I used them with cannullae up to FL180, you need to use a mask higher up. The cannullae are really good and don’t use that much O2 that I needed to fill the O2 tank at my destination. The masks are a different story, they use more 02 and when flying with 4 a couple of hours flying will require a refill.

EHTE, Netherlands

A search for O2D2 digs out plenty of previous threads on people using demand regulators with built-in oxygen systems.

You can use a mask with the O2D2 regulator. There is a “mask” setting.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
8 Posts
Sign in to add your message