Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Multi engine IR skill test applicants receiving SE IR

That is the Swedish interpretation of EASA Part-FCL.620:

FCL.620 IR – Skill test

(a) Applicants for an IR shall pass a skill test in accordance with Appendix 7 to this Part to demonstrate the ability to perform the relevant procedures and manoeuvres with a degree of competency appropriate to the privileges granted.

(b) For a multi-engine IR, the skill test shall be taken in a multi-engine aircraft. For a single-engine IR, the test shall be taken in a single-engine aircraft. A multi-engine centreline thrust aeroplane shall be considered a single-engine aeroplane for the purposes of this paragraph.
Last Edited by Dimme at 14 Aug 18:21
ESME, ESMS

Thanks. But that’s the „swedish“ way or is there eu law on this as well?

always learning
LO__, Austria

@Snoopy check here.

ESME, ESMS

Dimme wrote:

However, this is not the case for the initial issue of the SEP IR (anymore), you need two checkrides.

Any legal source?
Let’s say I have a PPL with SEP and I decide to get MEP and IR? Skilltest on MEP for the IR. Do I get SEP/MEP IR or not?

always learning
LO__, Austria

No.

SEP IR and MEP IR are separate entries in my license. However, when you renew a MEP IR, the SEP IR is automatically renewed as well. However, this is not the case for the initial issue of the SEP IR (anymore), you need two checkrides.

ESME, ESMS

Then what happens if I get an SPA MEP IR? Does it allow me to fly SPA SEP IR?

EGTR

RobertL18C wrote:

The MPL IR will be associated with your airline’s SOPs and type rating, so no it conveys zero privileges towards single pilot IR, either MEP or SEP or single pilot turbine.

In other words. the issue is not that the IR is multi-engine, but that it is multi-pilot? That actually makes sense!

Last Edited by Airborne_Again at 12 Aug 06:50
ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

The MPL IR will be associated with your airline’s SOPs and type rating, so no it conveys zero privileges towards single pilot IR, either MEP or SEP or single pilot turbine.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

Guys sorry to revive an old thread, but this ME IR vs SE IR creates alot of confusion and misunderstanding.

I have looked in the EASA part Fcl Article 8, but just very hard to make out what they mean, with all the asterixes and t&c’s.

Anyway I have a current Multi Pilot IR, and I’m a current and regular SEP flyer.
MEP is expired some 3 years ago or more, so not bother about it as I dont fly twin piston any longer.

So I have ME IR (MPA), and an SEP.

Does MPA ME IR give privilege to fly an SEP IR? or do I need to take another proficiency check to fly a Single Pilot SEIR?

Thank You

Evo400

My most recent proficiency check (3 weeks ago) was recorded as IR/SPA/SE/PBN, handwritten in my license by the most senior examiner directly from the Czech CAA. In the instrument flying context, I’d personally say the SPA endorsement is at least as important as SE.

LKBU (near Prague), Czech Republic
31 Posts
Sign in to add your message