Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Must see Night VFR destinations

I am looking for interesting/remarkable/must see Night VFR destinations say max 200 miles from Zürich and Basel. Any suggestions?

LSZK, Switzerland

must see Night VFR destinations

Isn’t “must see” a basic requirement for every landing, latest at the DA for IFR and all the way for VFR?

I love the big airports with their Christmas lighting. Take one that has all the gizmos like lead in lights, TDZ marker, taxiway direction system, etc.

Although I’ve never flown in that region, I imagine a flight to Geneva over the lake should be pretty cool at night. Shorelines and the village scattered along them tend to look great on a night flight. And Geneva is a nice, big airport with all the lights yo ever wished for!

Further afield, the most spectacular I’ve ever done (and keep doing regularly) is over L.A., especially coming from the desert over the mountains and seeing the sea of light beneath you stretching to infinity. The closest you’ll ever get to feeling like flying a starship…

Geneva is unfortunately a big hassle, with restrictive slot management and during the ski season (i.e. now) very busy saturdays (even generating 1 hour ATC slots for IFR aircraft crossing the geneva region!)

LSZK, Switzerland

Lyon Bron isn’t that much further from GVA and welcomes VFR night flight. VAC chart
On a bright day quite spectacular and will avoid the very busy and annoying GVA TMA at 3500 ft.

LFHN - Bellegarde - Vouvray France
5 Posts
Sign in to add your message