Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

N-reg aircraft and European / EASA licenses / licences (merged)

Peter wrote:

Actually I don’t know when this applies but from vague memory it sounds like one of the “non US 75% shareholder” company ownership scenarios. It may be the case with some bizjets because the owners there are more suspicious of the trust route.

Actually that is starting to ring some bells…and the guy I was speaking to (a Brit) does own an N-reg Citation….I’m sure it can’t apply to Trusts as you say…otherwise it wouldn’t be so hard to find a reference on here! :)

YPJT, United Arab Emirates

You may find it by searching. Start here and search for “search” and you get the tips e.g. AND OR etc.

@Qalupalik may know something…

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Thanks Peter, is there a relevant discussion or regulatory reference I can look at ?

It is not correct if you use the normal US trust route.

Actually I don’t know when this applies but from vague memory it sounds like one of the “non US 75% shareholder” company ownership scenarios. It may be the case with some bizjets because the owners there are more suspicious of the trust route.

Administrator

Hello…it’s been a long while since I posted here…I’m not based in Europe anymore….and I sold my airplane (N-reg) a few years ago… A quick question: Someone told me the other day that as of a couple of years ago the FAA now requires all overseas US registered aircraft to return to the US at least once every two years….they did not give me a reference but they do own two N-reg aircraft (including a CJ3) based in the Philippines…. I can’t find any corroborating evidence or regulatory reference….is this correct? Apologies if this is addressed elsewhere on the site…I did do a search but could not find anything relevant…

Fly310 wrote:

Since all of Europe has the same licensing system one could probably argue that you can fly in all EASA but maybe LBA will think differently. I do not know that the Swedish CAA would say if they checked your licenses during a trip to Sweden with that setup.

Most importantly, the FAA will think differently! From an ICAO point of view, a Swedish EASA license is distinct from a German EASA license. EASA actually provides a mutual acceptance document that you must carry if you fly outside EASA-land with an EASA-reg aircraft on an EASA license issued not issued by the registration country of the aircraft

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Yes, I think it has to be a licence by the country and the EU is not a country

It is straight FAR 61.3. You can fly an N-reg outside the US, on a license issued by the country in question.

The EASA mutual validation scheme is not relevant.

References here

Administrator

Someone will help you with the exact paragraph but it is from the FAA. They state that their aircraft can be flown in another country if you hold the appropriate licenses and ratings for that aircraft. So if you have a polish license you can fly in Poland.

Since all of Europe has the same licensing system one could probably argue that you can fly in all EASA but maybe LBA will think differently. I do not know that the Swedish CAA would say if they checked your licenses during a trip to Sweden with that setup.

ESSZ, Sweden

Hello. I know that holder’s of EASA PPL issued by LBA can fly N-regs but only in Germany.
I’m looking for any official info if its the same for Polish released PPL’s inside of Poland.

Maybe anyone know the subject?

http://www.Bornholm.Aero
EKRN, Denmark
144 Posts
Sign in to add your message